Krall/Botti at the PAC

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tj Bassi

Reaction score
Attended the Krall/Botti show at the NJ PAC in Newark last evening. Wife and I dug up third row, center stage seats (!) in what was a sold out arena, enjoyed good weather and very light traffic during the ride in. Fantastic show....Diana chose a number of selections based on her influence from Nat King Cole and ended with my favorite, S'wonderful. It was great to see her back on stage.....

My wife, although not a huge jazz fan, remarked on how well Dianas band worked together to deliver so much good music from four people.

She also commented that the live show sounded *almost* as good as what she hears around our home. How 'bout those reQuests!

Big surprise of the evening was Chris Botti. Admittedly, I am not too familiar with much of his work, but neither were most people we had talked with prior to the show. Within a few seconds, Chris grabbed the attention of the entire arena.....you could hear the audience gasp as he held onto long notes and trailed them into perfect silence. Talk about owning an audience......his terrific playing and great stage presence made for a great opener.

Fantastic show; it was worth the wait. I recall a thread about the upcoming shows a while back but havent seen any comments since. Anyone on the forum attend?

Tj

Attended the Krall/Botti show at the NJ PAC in Newark last evening. Wife and I dug up third row, center stage seats (!) in what was a sold out arena, enjoyed good weather and very light traffic during the ride in. Fantastic show....Diana chose a number of selections based on her influence from Nat King Cole and ended with my favorite, S'wonderful. It was great to see her back on stage.....

My wife, although not a huge jazz fan, remarked on how well Dianas band worked together to deliver so much good music from four people.

She also commented that the live show sounded *almost* as good as what she hears around our home. How 'bout those reQuests!

Big surprise of the evening was Chris Botti. Admittedly, I am not too familiar with much of his work, but neither were most people we had talked with prior to the show. Within a few seconds, Chris grabbed the attention of the entire arena.....you could hear the audience gasp as he held onto long notes and trailed them into perfect silence. Talk about owning an audience......his terrific playing and great stage presence made for a great opener.

Fantastic show; it was worth the wait. I recall a thread about the upcoming shows a while back but havent seen any comments since. Anyone on the forum attend?

Tj

Chris Botti is a true musician. Most of his work tends toward the jazz/pop, but he is very, very good at it. I've seen him a couple of times and have 3 of his albums. None of his work disappoints.

Only 36 views on this thread???????????

A while back the upcoming news of the concert generated a fair amount of interest...

Cant figure the group out....off topic issues like 'how fast do you guys type' get a great rating....

Best show I've ever attended gets NOTHING....????????????

Is everyone bored with audio subjects?

Hate to sound obtuse, I still love my M/L's, still passionate about good performances...

TJ

"Fantastic show; it was worth the wait. I recall a thread about the upcoming shows a while back but havent seen any comments since. Anyone on the forum attend?"

Hey TJ
I think the thread you are referring to is the one I started when I bought my tickets to this show. The Detroit show is coming up on the 21st of this month and my wife and I are both very excited to see it. Your 3rd center beats out my 5th row center orchestra pit seats though. I would expect nothing less than an incredible show out of this line up but it is good to get confirmation on it. We have seen Chris Botti once before and are very much looking forward to his performance again. In my eyes (ears) it doesn't get any better than this line up.

I can also relate to your wife's comments about the sound at home. My wife has made similar statements after a couple of shows now.

Jim

Back