Just got a pair of Summits in SF Bay Area

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jareddad

Reaction score
Hello all,

Newbie ML owner. Just bought a pair of Summits off Audiogon. :rocker: Pairing them with Audio Research D-240 amp and LS-3 pre. I've never owned electro stats before so I'm just starting to get used to them. I can't believe how much difference it made just by tilting the panels forward so they're more upright. I'm just playing with the placement which seems to be extremely important with MLs.

Eric

Welcome aboard and congrats on the Summits. Great speakers. Now you should host a listening party. Where in the Bay area are u?

Welcome aboard and congrats on the Summits. Great speakers. Now you should host a listening party. Where in the Bay area are u?

I'm in Hillsborough, just across 92. I'm still trying to figure out the best placement for them. My room isn't all that great acoustically...

Thanks for all the well wishes. What a great community of owners. Amazing that so many are so passionate about ML. Much like Ferrari, Porsche, Panerai, etc.

Hi and welcome. That audiogon site is sure good for getting into some serious equipment. The AR gear should sound great with the ML's. All the best with placement.

I have a vinyl rig as well as the ML's so all the crazy adjustments can take place at the turntable as well at the speakers. The fun of the hobby.

Tony.

I'm in Hillsborough, just across 92. I'm still trying to figure out the best placement for them. My room isn't all that great acoustically...

ahh.. well, that's a lot of the fun, IMHO... tinkering with placement and getting them dialed in. Enjoy

Welcome aboard! Summits rock. I bought a pr about 6 months back and continue to be floored by their amazing detail, huge sound stage and prodigious but accurate bass. I loved my SL3s, but the Summits make me smile more....

Hello all,

Newbie ML owner. Just bought a pair of Summits off Audiogon. :rocker: Pairing them with Audio Research D-240 amp and LS-3 pre. I've never owned electro stats before so I'm just starting to get used to them. I can't believe how much difference it made just by tilting the panels forward so they're more upright. I'm just playing with the placement which seems to be extremely important with MLs.

Hi Eric,

Congratulations on the Summits. Having owned them for some five years, I do know how good they are.

Regarding your comment about panel tilt, you are absolutely correct. Myself and others have posted on this very topic elsewhere.

GG

Back