just bought new logans.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aerius007

Reaction score
Thought I say hello since I will probably be checking in from time to time here. I used to own a pair of aerius/i about 9 years ago. I havent had a real stereo since then and just ordered a pair of vistas today. They should be here late next week but with the holidays it might be the following week. I plan on powering them with a Balanced audio technology vk-500 that should be here on tuesday. So I still have a few more things to get but until I get the preamp figured out I will probably just use my yamaha processor for the next couple of weeks. So if you see any bat vk-3i's for sale let me know. I also need cables, a good cd player and an amp for the center and rears. I will probably try to find an acurus 200x3, its a good budget amp.

Welcome, congrats on the new purchase ! Sounds like a nice system your putting together. Check audiogon.com for any of your used audio needs,
FWIW i will have for sale two pairs of AudioQuest King Cobra Interconnects, a 2 meter pair and a 1 meter pair, both single ended (RCA)

Welcome back Aerius007! Those are great speakers, I have a pair in my zone 2 area. I might be selling them next week.:( But I do like them. The primary system gets WAY more attention and these poor speakers sit unused most of the time and I feel guilty about that!

Hey, a good CD player is the NEW Rega Apollo! It is getting EXCELLENT reviews everywhere I turn. Might be worth looking into. I think retail is like $995! Not bad considering they say it competes favorably with $3k CD players!

I like my Rotel RSP-1098, but that might not be to your tastes.

All the best!

just bought new logans

aerius007: good evening and congratulations on your purchase. I have an Acurus 200x3 and it is great for the center Theater and rears. I have the Aragon 8008mkll for the fronts, (with great slam) and the Stage One for the pre. The Rega Apollo is a very good choice and does sound and perform with the $3000 cd players; a great recommendation. How about some pics when your finished? Best of luck to you and yours

list of things I am in the market for

Bat VK-3i
Acurus 200x3
Maybe a sunfire 5.1 processor to replace the yamaha or
Acurus ACT III or the aragon 5.1
speaker cables. I am still using some MIT for various things.

Reasons for wanting the sunfire or aragon is balanced outputs. I think rotel has that also.

I also really need a cinema center channel but will probably buy that new unless I get a deal I cant pass up.

Just bought a sunfire theater grand on ebay for $558 shipped. Its balanced for the bat vk-500 so now I really a 3 channel amp if there is any out there for sale.

Reasons for wanting the sunfire or aragon is balanced outputs. I think rotel has that also.

The top of the line Rotel RSP1098 does not have balanced outputs. I was surprised they did not and didn't realize it when I bought mine, since their top of the line amps have balanced in's I just assumed the top of the line processor would have them...NOT! It was not a big deal for me, but it would have been nice I guess.

Latest posts

Back