Just bought Motion 10's need help with amp and center channel suggestion

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vasilias09

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just bought my very 1st set of MARTIN LOGANS. they are the motion 10's. I am setting them up in my living room that is 14x14 and also extends into the dining room as well. what speaker wire gauge do u recommed and a center channel and receiver as well. MARTIN LOGAN CUSTOMER SERVICE SUGGESTED I GO WITH A 100W/CHANNEL. i AM THINKING OF THE SONY STR720. iS THAT ENOUGH POWER? THANKS FOR YOUR HELP IN ADVANCE EVERYONE!

Congrats on your purchase. If your intention is to make the most of home theatre, then I suggest you go with a robust centre channel. The motion 30 is a good candidate - C2 would even be better. Remember, in a surround system, the centre channel is the most important speaker.

As far as the amp/receiver is concerned. Go with the most expensive you could afford. ML speakers will reward you with quality amplification. I would personally stay away from Sony. If you must go with a receiver, then choose brands such as Denon, Onkyo, Marantz or Cambridge Audio. Believe me, you soon outgrow your existing setup and long for an upgrade. So why not spend a little more now and buy an item that will not cause upgraditis soon.

Enjoy your new system.

do i need a receiver that has at least 100w per channel or can i go lower (such as 85 or 90)? and what do u recommmend for speaker wire gauge

Back