Just bought a set of Source's. Is an RX-A720 enough?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phishead

Reaction score
Pushes 90 watts at 8 ohms.

I plan on just song a stereo pair setup for now. Also, what would you recommend for a center channel to match the Source's tonal
Characteristics.

I would say NO. If you listen at low volumes only I guess you would be ok, but I don't think that 90 watts at 8 ohms is enough. Martin Logan's are pretty demanding speakers and love lots of clean quality power.

I would recommend a Matinee center ch with the Source. I had one with my Source se's and it was fantastic. Audioadvisor has them new for only $750 on clearance so act fast as I sold a used one for more than that a few month back. I paired the Stage center channel with the source but eventually had to get some Vista's to match it and move the source to the rear

I have a yaqin mc 10l tube integrated that can be had now for $550 on ebay from a dealer in Canada not china. The rating is only 52 wpc but believe me it sounds like alot more when compared to solid state amplification and the bass really wakes up the panels more so than my high Anthem avm high end pre

Back