Jumping Vistas or Vantages

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaboomnash

Reaction score
I have a Sony-ES AVR (120wpc) set up for HT use; if I purchase Vistas or Vantages for mains how do I connect them for best performance? Can someone recommend jumpers?

Thanks in advance, Lee

I think you will get pretty good performance just simply connecting your speaker wires to one set of the terminals. They come with some kinda cheap nickel plated jumper plates to connect the woofer to the highs. Some people buy aftermarket wires or nice plates to jumper, or you could go with bi-wire speaker cables. You can't truly bi-amp these so those are your options.

I decided to go with bi-wire speaker cables for mine. I didn't want to hassle with short little jumper wires or the plates, and I figured I could always keep or sell the cables down the road if I ever get different speakers.

As far as performance, from what I've read on this forum, it sounds better getting rid of the supplied jumper plates and either upgrading to some jumper wires, bi-wire, or better plates. I thought it sounded better to me also, but I was upgrading speaker wire at the same time, YMMV.

I seem to recall that the ES has a 8ohm/4ohm switch on it. You'll definitely want that on 4ohm. I use my ES as a preprocessor for an external amp, so that doesn't affect me.

While the ES will do fine in the interim, a quality external amp will make your speakers sound much better. Wait until you've had them awhile, they've broken in, and you've gotten familiar with their sound. Then borrow an amp from a dealer somewhere and see if it sounds better to you.

1 major upgrade for me was: Ridge Street Audio Design Silver trix jumpers:bowdown:

Latest posts

Back