Jake Shimabukuro at Skipper's Smokehouse

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Audioseduction

Reaction score
He performed at Skipper's Smokehouse in Tampa, FL last night. Alan, Seth and I were there. Had a great time!

JAKE SHIMABUKURO is recognized as one of the world's top ukulele musicians. Renowned for lightning-fast fingers and revolutionary playing techniques, Jake's virtuosity defies label or category. Playing jazz, blues, funk, classical, bluegrass, folk, flamenco, and rock and experimenting with various guitar effect pedals allows Jake to create sounds never thought possible on the tiny four-string, two- octave instrument. A true showman, his performance captivates audiences with intricate strumming and plucking, electrifying, high-energy grooves and smooth, melodic ballads evoking heartfelt emotion. www.jakeshimabukuro.com

8.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited:
I have a few of his recordings . A local member here in MI turned me on to him. They are good recordings too.

Skipper's Smokehouse! I always manage to be on the road whenever someone special (for me) is playing there. Coolest venue in the Tampa Area.
I did make the Camper Van Beethoven show a couple of years ago, though.
God bless these small venues and the artists that play them.

I've lived in Tampa on-an-off since 1973, but this was my FIRST visit to Skipper's Smokehouse!! It's a great intimate outdoor venue (probably a lot like Jannus Landing, which I've also never been too!), and I'll definitely go back.

BTW, Jake's new EP CD (only 6 tracks, but all superb), is available for only $6.25 from Amazon...
http://www.amazon.com/My-Life-Jake-...bs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1205442235&sr=8-2

Attachments

• Jake.jpg
    Jake.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 1,829
Back