Its good to be a KID!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C.A.P

Reaction score
I have a 4 year old boy and a 6 year old girl and I bought the movie ET and watched it with them for the first time (for them) . I was more into it I think than them, but boy were they glued to the TV screen. We all jumped and we all cried what a great moment with the kids ! I don't remember ET being so tear full as when I was a KID !

What a treat to watch the greats of your youth with your own kids !:D

We even ate Reeses Pieces during the movie !

Ha ha, that's great. I have a 2 grandaughters, 2 years old and 5 years old. Last month they were glued to the television for a complete show of Lawrence Welk! Never have I seen them sit straight through a complete television show before, but this show had them captivated. Whoda thunk?

Ha ha, that's great. I have a 2 grandaughters, 2 years old and 5 years old. Last month they were glued to the television for a complete show of Lawrence Welk! Never have I seen them sit straight through a complete television show before, but this show had them captivated. Whoda thunk?

When I was a kid, my Grandmother lived with us. She was a big Lawrence Welk fan, and I used to watch it with her sometimes. I think that every single time we watched it, she would tell me in her very broken English/Italian that she and Mr. Welk were the same age. "I know, Grandma. I know."

I've watched a few hits from my youth with my kids on DVD - 13 and 14 yr. old boys.
Welcome Back Kotter - Big hit.
Kolchack the Night Stalker - Not so much. Was it really so lame?
Hitch****'s The Birds - They didn't find it scary at all (the system inserted all the astericks). Same with The Blob w/ Steve McQueen.
Kung Fu - Now you're talking!

Last month they were glued to the television for a complete show of Lawrence Welk!

Man that brings back memories, for when I was young, punishment for me was being FORCED to watch Lawrence Welk on Sat nite !

When I was really in trouble I was NOT allowed to watch Red Skelton, now that was cruel and unusual punishment !

Yea, Those Lennon sisters were hot, But Myron Floren inspired me to take up the accordion.

Attachments

• VegasShowgirls.jpg
    VegasShowgirls.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 116
men are like children...with just a little difference...

Hola. The difference between children and men is only a tinny little thing: the price of the toys!!!...happy listening,
Roberto.:music:

Man that brings back memories, for when I was young, punishment for me was being FORCED to watch Lawrence Welk on Sat nite !

When I was really in trouble I was NOT allowed to watch Red Skelton, now that was cruel and unusual punishment !

Remember Red's Heathcliffe and Gertrude? Here's one he did...H and G are flying over Coney Island. H looks down and says to G, "Hardly seems sportin' does it?" Then he gives that look, you can see it, right?

I'd love to be a kid again... no worries and no responsibilities...

I remember reading Calvin and Hobbes at night, waking up in the morning to Saturday Morning Cartoons, looking forward to having a Nerf war with my brothers that afternoon, and playing Streetfighter 2 Turbo on the Super Nintendo to cap off the day.

*Sigh*....

Joey, if you can remember playing video games as a kid, you still is one :devil:

Man, I'm celebrating 50 this week and can hardly remember what I did as a kid :eek:

Oh yeah, I built some Heathkits my dad couldn’t figure out :haha1:

And electrocuted my self a few times on other electronics projects, shocking youth, I tell ya.

PS- If you don't know what a Heathkit is, you are indeed to young :p

Back