Is this the beginning of WWIII?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad225

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
Russia has been poking at Turkey for a while now and they have struck back.
With a Russian fighter shot down and one of their rescue helicopters shot down on a rescue mission it doesn't look good.
I can't imagine Putin won't push back hard.

NATO was meeting at 11 AM today in Brussels to try to figure it out. We can only hope they let this ride for a while as the other option is for them invoke Article 4 which would mean NATO nations ( that's us ) are forced to band together and fight. So who does NATO attack Turkey or Russia.

I don't think this is going to end well but, I will pray that one of them comes up with a better option.

Don't mess with Turkey , it's not Thanksgiving yet ................

Reason for significant concern. Especially if Russia retaliates and Turkey, being a NATO partner, requests that Article 5 (an attack against one member is an attack on all) be invoked.

Dave, I love your sense of humor.

GG

And I just saw the video of a kid being killed by a Chicago policemen. Extremely disturbing. Based on the vid, it was out and out murder.

What the f**k is going on in this world?

Oh I know, it's probably Obama's fault. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
And I just saw the video of a kid being killed by a Chicago policemen. Extremely disturbing. Based on the vid, it was out and out murder.

What the f**k is going on in this world?

Oh I know, it's probably Obama's fault. :rolleyes:

No more than to this day everything is George Bush's fault. I'm not a big fan of GB but at some point something has to be President Obama's responsibility.

There is absolutely no defense for what that policemen did. Even if it turns out the kid had a knife and he felt his life was threatened. He should have MAYBE taken a shot that would have kept the kid from getting away and wait for the other officers that were there to help.

The kid might only have had a knife so, how about getting back in your patrol car and wait for backup that it sounds like was there already.

On another Chicago subject. Any given week in Chicago there can be a couple dozen black on black killings. Where is the outrage from the protesters or anyone else for that? You seldom hear it talked about in the media let alone the President about his town.

Gordon I'm afraid it is going to get much worse before anything improves.

I agree with your points regarding the murder, but I would like to know what has happened that the president should be taking responsibility for that he has not.

Don't even go there with Bush vs Obama.

Economy:
Bush - net decrease in private sector jobs over his terms
Obama - net increase of ~9 Million private sector jobs (not to mention the financial cluster left to Obama as Bush exited his presidency)

Unemployment:
Bush entered term: 4.2%, exited 7.8%
Obama entered term: 7.8%, currently ~5%

Global affairs:
European countries confidence the President will "do the right thing" - Pew Research
Bush: 20% - 51%
Obama: 58% -83%

I could go on and on, but here's one for good measure that seems to be conveniently omitted: Attack(s) on US soil:
Bush: 3 (Pentagon, Pennsylvania field and WTC)
Obama: 0

The Clinton administration left a comprehensive strategy on security, which apparently the Bush administration threw in the crapper and guess what happened almost 1/2 way though Bush's first term? 911

And after starting a war with a country with no WMDs, lying to the American people, they never caught the actual mastermind, Bin Laden. Who finally took him out? Oh, yea Obama....

No comparison....

Back