is really upgrade with summit or Macintosh?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radioman

Reaction score
Hi to everyone,
now i listen sl3 with power italian amplifier am audio a50mk2, 90w class a, and sub rel strata V.
but, i can choose one of this: mac mc 7300 or summit?
i always had an aspiration for summit, but blue eyes appeal is great...

thanks.

The summit is going to yield a far greater improvement. I had Mac amps in and out of my system, but no amp change was on the planet of my move from ascent I to summit.

Radioman,
The AM Audio A50Mk2 is a really great amp, on the level of Pass Labs. I've heard this amp in a co-worker's system when he moved here from Italy. Going to the MAC is just a lateral (or even backward) move without improvement over the A50Mk2. Getting the Summit will yield greater benefit since it will allow the A50 to focus on the panels, leaving the bass duty to the internal amps. I'd go with the Summits and leave the A50mk2 alone.

Spike

Radioman,
The AM Audio A50Mk2 is a really great amp, on the level of Pass Labs. I've heard this amp in a co-worker's system when he moved here from Italy. Going to the MAC is just a lateral (or even backward) move without improvement over the A50Mk2. Getting the Summit will yield greater benefit since it will allow the A50 to focus on the panels, leaving the bass duty to the internal amps. I'd go with the Summits and leave the A50mk2 alone.

Spike

I agree with Spike. I went from SL3's to the Montis. Same system only changing the the speakers. The difference between the two are startling. Like Spike said freeing the amp on the bottom end helped. The detail, soundstage, image, and dynamics are so much better. There is so much control of every sutle detail of every instrument ect. When the speakers arrived I was looking for a 15-20% increase from the update. I would say 40% increase is what I got:D.

I 100% agree upgrade you speaker.

Hope this helps.

Brad

Back