Introduction

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BNHappy

Reaction score
~15 years ago I heard my first electrostat Martin Logans. I viewed them in the same light as I did a Lamborghini Countach. Those sure are pretty and expensive. A decade and a half later, I am now in a different tax bracket and found a used SL-3 set on Craigslist.

My current receiver is a Yamaha RX-V567 and I feel that its 90 watt rating is too low to power my first pair of electrostats. I was searching the AVSForum for an amplifier that I could biwire a proper level of juice to the units in hopes of not clipping the panels into destruction. It didn't take much searching there to come upon the MLO site.

I hope to find all sorts of answers on this site, that are sure to cost me plenty of money. And, I can't wait!

-Bryan
(off to find recommendations for a suitable amplifier and if I make time, hopefully find a suggestion of a complementary set of surrounds and center channel)

Welcome to the club! I'm sure you'll get plenty of suggestions that will separate you from your money! Lots of amplifier suggestions on the forum....

Bryan, welcome to the group !

try your Yammie out for size that way you will know where it stands and in what direction you'll want to go from there.

Thank you, all. I'm sure that if my brain can tame down the information overload it is currently experiencing, I will be able to make some purchasing decisions.

I have to laugh at myself. Since getting on MLO forum I feel like I may have ADD. All I want to look for currently is an amplifier. But as I read down posts, I find there are just so many other things that I also want to learn about. I think this is a 'good' sickness :)

Current Affairs

Welcome to the madhouse Bryan,

One word for you...........current.........

That's what these Martin Logans love, that sorted, you can take your time listening to preamps and source items. Heck you will discover music tastes you didn't know you had and be happy you have no money left over as you sit back and enjoy the art of music.

It is a great pastime to have at home, all year round.

Fjeff

Latest posts

Back