Innersound

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boxeater

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the company formerly known as Innersound. Seems they were in Boulder, Colorado, and produced electrostatic speakers. Roger Sanders was affiliated with them and co-founded the company?

Does anyone have any experience with the company formerly known as Innersound. Seems they were in Boulder, Colorado, and produced electrostatic speakers. Roger Sanders was affiliated with them and co-founded the company?

Try this http://www.sanderssoundsystems.com/ Roger could probably help you with whatever you need. He will still fix the Innersound gear. Some members here use the new stuff as well.

I have four of Roger's amplifiers and just love them. Roger has been a pleasure to do business with, customer service is #1.

--burke

Rogers Great, Okay, but how are the Innersound Electrostats

and how does their innovation compare to our ML's?

Roger Sanders was the founder and original owner of Innersound. He was also the primary designer. He sold some ownership in the company, had some major disagreements with the way new management wanted to run the company, and then he left the company. Soon after, Innersound went out of business.

Roger started a new company, called Sanders Sound Systems. Jason provided you the link above. He offers a new line of electrostatic speakers, plus his preamps and amps, under this new name. My understanding is that he will also service Innersound equipment. Roger is an outstanding individual to work with and offers the absolute best customer service. Just give him a call and I am sure he can help you with whatever you need.

Rogers Great, Okay, but how are the Innersound Electrostats and how does their innovation compare to our ML's?

That is a very good question, but unfortunately I am not familiar with their sound. I own Roger's ESL monobloc amps and his preamp and I think they are incredible, but I haven't had a chance to hear his speakers. I expect that they are excellent but I just can't give you any first-hand comparisons.

I heard his older Innersound Eros speakers powered by his new amp at RMAF. Thought they sounded spectacular, certainly on par with the Summits (arguably better?) I'm sure the newer version is just as impressive. Of note, he recommends placing his speakers straddling a corner (rather than parallel to a wall), presumably to minimize rear wave interferences (as we've been discussing lately in various other threads). That's yet another reason why I'm using extreme toe-in with my Summits (since I'm stuck with their placement along a single wall).

I have four of Roger's amplifiers and just love them. Roger has been a pleasure to do business with, customer service is #1.

--burke

I too have a Sanders power amp, but his 2 channel version. I have my sites on the mono blocs in the future. I had the extreme pleasure of experiencing Burke's system on a recent visit to Chicago. One word . . . . INCREDIBLE! :bowdown:

THREE Sanders mono blocs (Summits and Stage in the center), plus a two channel Sanders amp for the sides, and another (I forgot which) amp for the rear surrounds. Four ML Script i's for the surrounds. YIKES . . . . : eek:you better be ready when that shot gun goes off, or something blows up! Great system Burke!

Burke just reminded me . . . . that Stage sits on top of a Decent i!!!!!
I have to agree, Roger goes way above and beyond what you would expect. You can't even call it "customer service". There has to be a better term to describe it. He's is knowledgeable, curtious and will do whatever it takes.

Joe M.

Last edited by a moderator:
and how does their innovation compare to our ML's?

I have never heard either the Innersound or the new Sanders model 10a. Roger does offer a 30 day in home trial with shipping both ways (a truly free home demo). The only thing keeping me from trying his speaker is that I know I would keep it and don't have a spare $13K in the budget.

If you would really like to know about his gear give him a call. He will be more than happy to talk with you and/or arrange for a demo. Just be prepared to keep the gear, I don't know of anyone who has sent his gear back.

--burke

I sent mine back . . . right . . .

He will be more than happy to talk with you and/or arrange for a demo. Just be prepared to keep the gear, I don't know of anyone who has sent his gear back.

--burke

Actually I did send my two channel amp back.

Why? Because I wanted the on/off switch on the front and not the back. Roger milled a rectangular hole in the face plate and installed a rocker switch for me! The back on/off remains in tact, should I want to change it in the future. Roger paid for the shipping - seriously! What other manufacturer would have done that? How can you go wrong? :D

Joe

Roger Sanders was the founder and original owner of Innersound. He was also the primary designer. He sold some ownership in the company, had some major disagreements with the way new management wanted to run the company, and then he left the company. Soon after, Innersound went out of business.

I don't think Innersound is dead just yet (or maybe the came back to life?)
The pic is from March/April 2006 Home Entertainment.
Kachina Reference @ $17K/pair, Tehya center @ $8,500, iPower 750 amp @ $6K each
http://www.innersound.net/

Mike

Attachments

• Picture 041.jpg
    Picture 041.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 315
If you click on their website, and scroll down, this is what you'll find...
Effective February 11, 2008, Innersound has ceased operations.

Our deepest thanks go to our many clients and discerning listeners who have purchased our premier line of loudspeakers & electronics over the last several years.
As an accommodation to our clients, Roger Sanders, the original designer and innovator of the Innersound electrostatic loudspeaker (and owner of Sanders Sound Systems) has graciously agreed to provide service and support for Innersound products on a non-warranty basis.

For all future service or parts requirements please contact:

Roger Sanders at Sanders Sound Systems
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So, despite the failure of his "taken-over" company, Roger Sanders still has the integrity to provide service and support. Kudos to him! [/FONT][/FONT]

So far my phone calls to Innersound have gone unreturned. I will call Rog for the scoop on Friday.

-Boxeater

Latest posts

Back