Inching closer to a Summit X

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I almost lost my index finger and my thumb when I was working at TV Channel 7. There was an AGC mechanical and because of a debris, was not following the the right track, and I put my right hand with the transmitter on, the station was out of the air for over 20 minutes, and I was sent direct to the hospital for a month treatment with a severe burn. You should see my hair then...

You win!

Glad it wasn't more serious Roberto... where would this forum be without your ever-cheerful tone and helpful responses?

Big fun

You win!

Glad it wasn't more serious Roberto... where would this forum be without your ever-cheerful tone and helpful responses?

Ok mine is a little freaky one morning too early & before coffee, I decided to t/s a pair of KLH 9'S.
Not knowing they were still hot and being undressed as I usually sleep that way the backs were already open and suddendly found myself flung naked against the front wall.
Took awhile but I finally realized what happened......................DUH :banghead:

Since we are trading war stories (and I hope the thread starter will excuse this): I used to work for the phone company, and (being management) during a strike was sent to Sudbury, ON, on strike duty. The first day I was in Installation and Repair, and was prewiring a new house for phone service when I heard a loud bang and got a horrible smell. I turned to see what it was all about: the yahoo of an electrician left live wires sticking out of an outlet, and I backed into them, completing the circuit through my arm. The bang was the short and the smell was my arm burning. Funny thing was that I did not get a shock. I then got transferred to Operator Services, possibly the worst job in the company.

Since we are trading war stories (and I hope the thread starter will excuse this): I used to work for the phone company, and (being management) during a strike was sent to Sudbury, ON, on strike duty. The first day I was in Installation and Repair, and was prewiring a new house for phone service when I heard a loud bang and got a horrible smell. I turned to see what it was all about: the yahoo of an electrician left live wires sticking out of an outlet, and I backed into them, completing the circuit through my arm. The bang was the short and the smell was my arm burning. Funny thing was that I did not get a shock. I then got transferred to Operator Services, possibly the worst job in the company.

My dad worked for New England Telephone for years. I went to visit him at work once when I was 15 or so. On my way in I saw, for the firast time in my life, a guy with an actual hook-hand. I asked dad about it and he said "Yes, Bill is a lineman and he accidentally touched the wrong side of an insulator at the top of a pole... instantly blew his hand off." That stuck with me for... well... to this day.

and yes, sorry OP for the partial thread derailment.

Back