Impedance?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renpar61

Reaction score
I just ordered a RSX-1057 receiver (arriving Tuesday...:D ) to be connected to my existing RB-1070 amp driving the mains.
In the back of the receiver it says 8 Ohms minimum. I'm not sure about the specs on the 2 channel amp. My Clarity are 6 Ohms and I think the Fresco center channel is 5 Ohms.
Will I have a problem with the setup? I never understood impedance implications. Did I make a bad choice for the receiver?

I used to have the RB1070, they will drive your Claritys just fine. :D

Rotel has good tech support

Hello Renpar,

A few months ago I was considering buying a Rotel RSX-1067 rcvr. I sent an e-mail to Rotel tech support asking if the rcvr would be able to drive a 5 channel set up consisting of a pair of Aeons, a Cinema and and a pair of Scripts.
They responded within 24 hours and told me the RSX-1067 is OK for speakers which are 4 ohms nominal, so I should be OK, it looks like you shouldn't have any problems with your Logans either. I never bought the Rotel, I decided to get separates, right now I'm still looking, and looking, and looking. There is way too much good stuff out there!!! You may also want to consider the Arcam AVR350, I tried one out and for the price it was amazing. If you do try the Arcam make sure you use the Arcam to biamp the front speakers in your system.

Regards,
Chris

Hello Renpar,

A few months ago I was considering buying a Rotel RSX-1067 rcvr. I sent an e-mail to Rotel tech support asking if the rcvr would be able to drive a 5 channel set up consisting of a pair of Aeons, a Cinema and and a pair of Scripts.
They responded within 24 hours and told me the RSX-1067 is OK for speakers which are 4 ohms nominal, so I should be OK, it looks like you shouldn't have any problems with your Logans either. I never bought the Rotel, I decided to get separates, right now I'm still looking, and looking, and looking. There is way too much good stuff out there!!! You may also want to consider the Arcam AVR350, I tried one out and for the price it was amazing. If you do try the Arcam make sure you use the Arcam to biamp the front speakers in your system.

Regards,
Chris
Thank you for the info, Chris

I did look at the Arcam (300 or 350), in fact I have been going back and forth between the 2, but I didn't want to spend that much money. A used 300 would cost me more than the new Rotel. My Rotel 1070 amp is now connected to a Yamaha RXV2500 and the Clarity sound great. I hope I will be even happier when the new receiver comes.
You mentioned biamping, I don't think the Claritys can be biamped, or am I missing something? Would love to do it if possible...

Ooops!

Sorry Renpar,

I read your post too quickly. You are correct! The Claritys cannot be bi-amped. So one of the Arcam's advantages is irrelevant in your case. The Rotel stuff has a great reputation, your system should be very cool (that's a compliment)! I also failed to notice you had already ordered the Rotel! Also in terms of cost, I should have compared your Rotel to the Arcam AVR280.

Happy Listening,
Chris.

I have pretty much all Rotel gear and have not had any problems or concerns with it. I like the asthetics and ergonomics of the gear as well as the sound. It is a bit bright for me, but I attribute MUCH of that to an overly bright room that I need to deal with before I get to critical of the gear.

I have an RB1090 on Prodigy, RMB1095 on Theater, Script, Ascent, RB1050 on Bose outdoor and Realistic (Radio Shack) speakers doing duty at the Zone 2 amp, all those run off an RSP1098 Preamp. Then the 2 channel system has RB1080 powering MBL 101a speakers using the 1070 Preamp (can remember its prefix off the top of my head).

I really like all the gear and have no complaints!

Last edited:
Renpar,
I'm driving Clarity's, a Vigneltte & a small pair of B&W M1's with a Rotel 1067 and it's working nicely. Your setup should be awesome!
Post some pics when you get all set up. Would like to see another Rotel/Clarity system.
Good luck & happy listening!

Back