I met with Mark Shifter, CEO of av123.com, and his take on ML and more

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It didn't have to end that way. Some of their speakers were quite good, and the newest releases were heavily anticipated by the audio community.

Strange story......

Tj

The guy is amazing and I had an amazing night. He treated us to an awesome dinner that I wouldnt have normally afforded. I think the bill per person had to be about $300-$400 PER person. There was a total of 6 of us. We had 3 bottles of wine (probably $300-400/bottle), we had Lobster bisque soup with real lobster... drool, we had crab cakes with REAL crab (never had that before), we had Ahi Tuna/Filet Mignon x2 for appetizers... drooool, we had a $70 Delmonico Ribeye bone-in...... best steak ever in my life!

Truly humbled,
Joey

There were hundreds maybe thousands of victims here. Yes it is sad. Where is the hard time? Probation? Restitution, are you kidding, you think this self absorbed guy cares about victims? Rarely does even a small fraction get repaid. Sad, yes, sad for America. Where is the jail time? Where is real justice?

I'm certain Joey has second thoughts about his fine dining dinner after the recent events became public. I don't see a need to drag or rag on Joey for an event that took place many moons ago.

Good taste will prevent this from turning into a mess.

Gordon

Maybe people are a bit concerned for his well being, from the sound of his post it sounds like he was so impressed by this man that I think a few of the people here who knew his past wanted to warn him to be careful of this con-man. I do not see it as ragging on him but a word of warning. my 2 cents

Sometimes I just want to remember the aura that he had that night. He had a certain confidence about him that kind of just permeated. It's a drive to be something that is greater than you would initially expect out of yourself.

I understand he did some very underhanded practices.... that's the manner he chose to get himself into that position.

I look at it this way... I can take that night and put a negative spin on it or a positive spin.

He was not the most moral nor honest man. But his drive was atleast something somewhat positive about the whole thing.

That said, you guys are right..... dinner was paid on the backs of honest men. Sadly.

Hey Joey, long time! My Mark Schifter story...

Sometimes I just want to remember the aura that he had that night. He had a certain confidence about him that kind of just permeated. It's a drive to be something that is greater than you would initially expect out of yourself.

I so understand what you are saying. Back in the days of the South Florida Audiophile Society, Mark Schifter was a really gracious guest host of three meetings in conjunction with a local dealer. We broke bread with the guy, he donated Audio Alchemy equipment to the club for fundraising, and he was just a really cool guy to get to know, have a drink with, and talk about the "brave new world" of digital. Those are some pretty great memories and they just simply do not mesh with the unsavory nature of his predatory business affairs. At this point, I sure hope that he didn't take advantage of the people that worked so dilligently for him in the past, such as Dusty Vawter (of CIA fame).

Back