I got my Summits!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvitez

Reaction score
Yee-haw!! It's absolutely fantastic! I'm in ML heaven.

I found a used pair of Summits on Audiogon, wenge/aluminum finish, perfect for our living room, with perfect WAF. A bit of import hassle and delays ensued, but eventually everything was settled, except for FedEx Ground shipping the boxes on their side. :mad: The delivery driver was even an English speaking Canadian, so I'm not sure what part of "Fragile" "Delicate electronic equipment" and vertical arrows he didn't get. But thankfully no damage occurred.

They look gorgeous, and sound amazing. I now have bass, and beautiful euphonic mids/highs. I've been listening to my best CD's and spinning LP's for 2 days now. I hate it when the kids go bed as I've got to stop listening then! I'm very impressed.

I'll try and post a pic of my system when I get the chance. I'm keeping my Sequel II's, as they'll be perfect for the fronts in a home theatre system for the basement kid's/adults play area. I won't be able to get the basement renovated for a while yet, so the Sequel II's are back in their factory boxes. Not bad for speakers built in 1991.

I used my bi-wired Signal Cable Ultra speaker cables with the bonding strap removed, and am runnning Nordost Frey from CDP-pre, and Signal Cable Analog 2 RCA's from pre-power and phono-pre. I also just took delivery of a Blue Circle BC707 phono stage, so playing LP's has been simply a joy. My system has never sounded so good.

My next step will be to try a tubed power amp. I have a Nordost Baldur RCA which didn't work well with the Sequel II's, so I'm going play around with IC placement in the next while. Even with these upgrades, I have to say the Signal Cable copper cabling is very impressive. But maybe it's time to try some Cardas products. Anyway, Christmas in April is much appreciated! :D

Sounds like a great present for yourself. I think I saw those speakers over on AudioGon. Glad to see that they went to a member of the club. When you have time you need to get your setup in the Members Systems area, but I understand, you'll be listening to the tunes for a while first. Enjoy!

Back