How will the unreleased Electomotion integrate into existing HT setups?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

projectormovielover

Reaction score
Hi guys

I am in the market for a new pair of speakers for my front sound stage

I am currently using matinee with source se

My question is ,How will the unreleased Electromotion blend into Ht setups?

I ask this question because it says that the new upcoming Electromotion will have folded motion tweeters and none of the current generation of martin logans electrostatic center channels have folded motion tech

None of the current gen of martin logan tower speakers with esl tech have folded motion so is martin logan planning to include a new center channels combining esl and folded motion?

This sounds like a deal breaker and I was really looking forward to slapping a pair of electromotion onto my credit card and saving the cash for a 3D projector or a new prepro. But I may just have to use the cash I saved for a used pair of vista .

I really dont wana have a debate here about vista being better in comparison to a pair of speakers that are not even on the shelfs yet

Electromotion will be a family of goods that are upgrades in performance over the less expensive Motion line so will be combination of ESL goods and FMT goods using a larger FMT for a lower crossover point for more sound from the driver for better blending to stats. The Electromotion ESL does not have any FMT drivers on it. the family name is a bit confusing I agree but it makes some sense in how the products will be postioned between Motion and ESL. The Electromotion has a longer panel, better bass, better blending than the Source so will represent a nice upgrade for that speaker. At CES, many where shocked at what we where getting out of them. Yes, a used Vista may be a better deal, but risks on the used market are there so be careful. The larger C2 and FX 2 use a larger driver(s) to get closer to ESL in voicing. There will also be return of the on wall stat, formally known as the Script to add another ESL to the Electromotion family. Hope that helps clear up things.

Thats great Peter and thanks for the very informative post regarding the other new electromotion

I will be glad to see a new replacement for the script because the used scripts are way over priced

Does electromotion have dual binding posts for bi amp ?

When exactly( dont answer march) will they be released because I want a pair as soon as possible?

Will they be easy to drive like the source or a tad harder ?

No, it is single wire. Tough price point to hit and given the typical customer at this price point, tough to justify. One has to make choices.
Late Feb is the hope for date to get at least some out. Currently the factory is making panels as fast as possible as we have about a gazillion presold. Sooner the better for all parties.
They seem a bit easier with a punchier, bigger sound then the Source. I will get a pair for traveling to dealers with so will be able to experiemnt with more combinations in the field.
hope that helps,

Peter,

I am also excited to get a pair of these as soon as possible! When they are available, do you know where they will be sold first? Thanks,

Jason

We are trying to distribute enough across all of our channels. If you have a local dealer that your prefer, ask them to see if they are on order with us. We do try to be fair, but with the obvious demand they will be a first come/first to get some, but not all type of delivery. It will be tough for someone at the last moment, issue a PO and then excpect to be first in line.

Questions for you peter

Will the electromotion be available from the likes of amazon.com

I live in a rural area and I cant get to a dealer

What is the cabinet made of on the electromotion ?

Back