Hello! 70 yo from Beaumont, CA

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prefabfan01

Reaction score
who loves adores Martin Logan. Matched with McIn or even Marantz, can't be beat. But Im also rat catcher, so if I see crooked sales of Martin Logan gears, Ill post a blurb here. I currently have Theos in front and Motion 60s in the rear and B&O Center channel, With a Marantz Receiver and various amps powering the pre out of the Marantz. I only listen to 5.1. And since there is a new pot of gold, hundreds of these discs, my time is filled. Led Zep 1 in 5.1 on the victrola as we speak.

who loves adores Martin Logan. Matched with McIn or even Marantz, can't be beat. But Im also rat catcher, so if I see crooked sales of Martin Logan gears, Ill post a blurb here. I currently have Theos in front and Motion 60s in the rear and B&O Center channel, With a Marantz Receiver and various amps powering the pre out of the Marantz. I only listen to 5.1. And since there is a new pot of gold, hundreds of these discs, my time is filled. Led Zep 1 in 5.1 on the victrola as we speak.
Howdy Prefab, from Orange CA. I too have Theos (and Motif X) in my 5.1 as well as Odysseys in my two-channel kit. Alas, I only have dozens of surround CDs, not hundreds.

Howdy back!!! How do Motifs work as rears? There are some good prices on Motifs!! What you like for center???

Wow - more So Cal members coming out of the woodwork! I'm in Tustin, also a huge ML fan. Welcome to the board Prefabfan01.

Currently using my 15As for both 2-channel and home theater. C34A center, Magnepan 1.7s for my surrounds and MMC2s for my rears, plus 3 ML subwoofers for the bottom registers. I'm toying with the idea of suspending a couple pairs of smaller Magnepans from the ceiling for Atmos (I have vaulted ceilings that are high enough over the listening area.)

Howdy back!!! How do Motifs work as rears? There are some good prices on Motifs!! What you like for center???
The Motif is the center. Due to room constraints I had to use something very small (but still good) for the rears and are using a pair of Miller & Kreisels that work well.

Wow - more So Cal members coming out of the woodwork! I'm in Tustin, also a huge ML fan. Welcome to the board Prefabfan01.

Currently using my 15As for both 2-channel and home theater. C34A center, Magnepan 1.7s for my surrounds and MMC2s for my rears, plus 3 ML subwoofers for the bottom registers. I'm toying with the idea of suspending a couple pairs of smaller Magnepans from the ceiling for Atmos (I have vaulted ceilings that are high enough over the listening area.)
Yikes, that's a hell of a system! Msimanyi, do you (or any other So Cal members) ever go to any LA/OC Audio Society events? They've had things at Scott Walker's in Anaheim, Upscale Audio in Walnut, Audeze in Santa Ana. If there's interest I can put out a notice when they next have an OC-friendly event.

Sure it figures. I lived in So Cal for over 50 years. Just retired and moved to Indiana to be closer to my daughter and granddaughter. Yes I am 70 as well and plan to listen more and enjoy!!
I did go to one of the LA/OC Audio Society event many years ago. I recommend going at least once!

Yikes, that's a hell of a system! Msimanyi, do you (or any other So Cal members) ever go to any LA/OC Audio Society events? They've had things at Scott Walker's in Anaheim, Upscale Audio in Walnut, Audeze in Santa Ana. If there's interest I can put out a notice when they next have an OC-friendly event.
I’m in San Diego and would definitely be interested in attending such an event!

welcome to the fold from another 70 year 'young' as well !

Welcome ! Zep 1 in 5.1? Oh man.. I'd no idea.. Any particular mixing/mastering houses come across as better than any other? I know Steve Wilson's re-mixes sometimes sound like an entirely different (and superior-sounding) release from the original. ! I'm talking besides the 5.1 designation. Although I've yet to delve into starting a collection, I've heard a handful on Spotify and, for instance, Steve's take on Tull's Aqualung sounds spectacular to my ears.
Anyway, once again, welcome..

Yes, welcome, from another 70 yo (for another month) on the East coast for a change!

Back