Hope to audition next Weekend !

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
If things go as planned I hope to get up to the Pocono Mtns next weekend and take Mark Obrien up on his invite over to listen to his refrence system powered by his new Flagship MonoBlocks........The Apollo !

250 watts, 100 lb monsters each ! Given their price point of 10k msrp, they are by no means inexspensive but my gut tells me they will perform beyond alot of their competition at that price point.

Attachments

• ApolloFrontAngle4[1].jpg
    ApolloFrontAngle4[1].jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 227
Wow Dave. I'll wait for your impression of these with baited breath. I'd LOVE to hear these on my CLS's!

Mark is a very cool guy. I spoke with him several times when I had ordered my old M120 Magnums years ago. I'd consider a new set of Rogue's without hesitation. They sort of look like a Zeus that's been cleaved in half.

I'm jealous as hell, Dave. Don't forget to ask Mark about the Zeus monos! ;)

What does Mark use as his reference system? speakers, CDP.......?

I wonder, since Rogue are using the 6H30 tube in their pre-amps, why they aren't using them in their amps?

I also wonder why only ARC lists their tube amp energy storage in joules, instead of microfarads?

If things go as planned I hope to get up to the Pocono Mtns next weekend and take Mark Obrien up on his invite over to listen to his refrence system powered by his new Flagship MonoBlocks........The Apollo !

250 watts, 100 lb monsters each ! Given their price point of 10k msrp, they are by no means inexspensive but my gut tells me they will perform beyond alot of their competition at that price point.

Wow? Beauts. If you end up purchasing them, let me know what you'll sell me your current tube amps for. :bowdown:

If you get a chance, go to United Home Audio and give the top line Jolida monos a listen. I thought they were incredible. The no frills version is the 3000A...($6000)
358164132_tF5EZ-M.jpg

The top of the line...Envoy...($8700)
358164092_ob8mQ-M.jpg

If you get a chance, go to United Home Audio and give the top line Jolida monos a listen. I thought they were incredible. The no frills version is the 3000A...($6000)

Ah - 211 awesomeness.

To be honest, the Jolidas are probably very good, but they are running in ultra-linear. For best audio results, 211s need to be run in single-ended configuration. This means a drop in power output from the 200W the Jolidas are knocking out, but a good lift in audio quality. Of course, technically, they don't fare so well.

Check out http://www.audioanalog.at/ for some excellent but good value 211 based designs. Mine bowl me over everytime I use them. And they sound great will almost anything you throw at them. Very unlike solid state designs in this respect. I don't know how they manage it, to be honest!

Wow? Beauts. If you end up purchasing them, let me know what you'll sell me your current tube amps for. :bowdown:

Steve, Highly unlikely that I'll be changing !

Update ...... Mark just called and this weekend has developed a "fly in the Ointment", seems he has been asked to participate in a big demo weekend @ 'Sound by Singer' and as they say..."business first" ! we are shooting for either the second or third weekend in Sept.

Also, FWIW, He may be out @ RMAF. Possibly a joint room with "Ecobusters", should know for sure next week.

Oh, JT, his refrence speakers...Vanderstein 5's.

Ah - 211 awesomeness.

To be honest, the Jolidas are probably very good, but they are running in ultra-linear. For best audio results, 211s need to be run in single-ended configuration. This means a drop in power output from the 200W the Jolidas are knocking out, but a good lift in audio quality. Of course, technically, they don't fare so well.

Check out http://www.audioanalog.at/ for some excellent but good value 211 based designs. Mine bowl me over everytime I use them. And they sound great will almost anything you throw at them. Very unlike solid state designs in this respect. I don't know how they manage it, to be honest!

Hmm. If there would be a "good lift in audio quality" then I'll have to give that design a listen. All I know is that these amps sounded beautiful to me.

Talked to Mark earlier this week, I'm heading up his way on the 25th, hopefully it will work for him. Also he should for sure by next week if he will be @ RMAF.

Back