Hooked up new Ayre V-5xe

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Satch

Reaction score
At long last the Ayre amp came in today and I pulled Joey's old Cary SLP-98p out of the box and put the tubes in and fired it up! Used AQ Rocket 88's single bi-wire to the Vistas and ran AQ Diamondbacks through the Depth i and into the SLP (yes, it is a Sweet Little Preamp). Right now I'm running the Squeezebox III right into the preamp. I also made some speaker stands out of these 16"X16"X3/4" granite slabs I got for $10. a piece. polished them up with car wax and they look great and work with the spikes.

The Sound... I don't have the experience to make any comparisons, but I can say its the best sounding stereo I've ever heard.

I've been listening to my "reference" music... Coleman Hawkins, Ray Charles, Ray Brown, Lowell Fulson, Lowell George, Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee, Willie Dixon, Muddy Waters, Jimi Hendrix, Donald Fagan, Diana Krall, Thelonious Monk, Bob Dylan, Tower of Power, Beatles, Little Johnny Taylor, The Chess Blues Recordings from the 40's, 50's and 60's and, and, and...

Now I have to figure out how to hook up the Benchmark DAC usb and the Oppo DV-980 H.

Question for the "Black Pizza" munchers, TomDac, Can you hook up the Sqeezebox III to the Benchmark DAC usb and hook up the Oppo DV-98H to the Benchmark DAC usb at the same time? If so,How? I'd like to watch and listen to the Cream Reunion (Clapton) before I go to bed tonight...

Yeah, Now!!!
Satch :)

Back