holiday gift for the wife? think again...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll never forget, when I was a kid my father gave my mother a 'mop' for Valentines Day, it's been forty years and she still does not let him forget it !

Four years ago I gave my wife a Whirlpool Duet washer/dryer combo. She looked at me cross eyed because we already had a recent washer/dryer and she didn't think that a domestic appliance was very romantic as a gift.

That all changed after about two weeks when she realized she was spending 1/3 the amount of the large amount of time (2 preteens in the house at that time) she did before on laundry. A gift of time is truely a rare gift....She now thinks I'm one of the three wise men!

Last edited:
I wouldn't and I don't think most men would consider buying their wife a domestic item unless she was to mention she wanted it to make something around the home less work for herself.

I guess my wife and I are like most couples. There are things she does and would prefer I didn't do. Laundry for one and I can apparently can do dishes but after 35 years together I'm still not capable of properly wiping off the counter tops. Go figure.

In contrast, I think most men would be quite happy to receive new tools to make working on the honey-do-list or anything else around the house easier.

Donna wanted new windows in the house and I am in the process of doing that. I am having upgrades done to my Sony SCD-1. Does one of these qualify as a present but not the other. I told her this could be mine but I would probably not ask her if the windows qualified.

I will never agree that men and women are the same no matter what some groups and studies proclaim. We generally have much different thought processes to achieve the same answer.

The great thing about a snow shovel as opposed to a snow blower she will take great comfort knowing she is not disturbing your listening with a noisy 2 cycle engine.

Back