Why so many used ML electrostats listed for sale and less than a year old?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lust can drive fickle behavior.

Could this same issue (owner selling relatively new speakers) be happening with other high end speakers (not just ML's)?

This possibility occurred to me after recalling that one of my audio buddies recently sold a relatively new pair of Legacy Whispers, only to replace them with a very nice (yet less expensive) pair of ESL's he apparently liked better.

Last edited:
Lust can drive fickle behavior.

Could this same issue (owner selling relatively new speakers) be happening with other high end speakers (not just ML's)?

This possibility occurred to me after recalling that one of my audio buddies recently sold a relatively new pair of Legacy Whispers, only to replace them with a very nice (yet less expensive) pair of ESL's he apparently liked better.
Great point. My wife's brother in law bought a Porsche 996 911 and only owned it for about a year before selling it and buying a Mustang in its place. He had that for about 5 years and sold it to buy others cars. Me personally, I tend to buy something and be committed to it. I use it until it's so broken it doesn't make sense to fix it. I research really hard too usually before buying something.
I can't understand people owning something for a year or less then selling it.
A family member of mine once bought a Lexus car at a dealer and after a week decided they didn't like it. They went back to the dealer and ended up having to pay several thousand $$ to trade the Lexus back in for their old car!! Imagine having to buy your old car back!

Back