Hissing/Staticy sound coming out of the right side of a new ESL C

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickTheMajin

Reaction score
Bought an electromotion esl c in August. Since I got it I had started to hear a very high pitched sound periodically. I thought it was coil whine from one of my components and didn't pay it any mind. I didn't put two and two together until it recently got worse. The sound, when it occurs, is now much louder and sometimes turns into buzzing or static and its only on the right side of the panel, not the left. I read on here that symptoms like this usually arise from dust or debris behind the panel so I left it unplugged overnight and vacuumed it with a softbrush vacuum. Didn't make a difference, still buzzing/static/high pitched noise in the same spot. I tried canned air and same thing. I have noticed oddly enough that if I apply a bit of pressure to the panel, there is a bit of give and the buzzing/ringing stops until I let go and it comes back.

The weird thing though is that this doesn't happen all the time. Its random. I can sit and watch a whole movie and it will be fine, but randomly I'll get these bouts of high pitched noise or static. The sound will stay until about 10min after unplugging it from the wall.

Hi Nick, did the call the factory and ask for technical support? I've called them more than once and they are very helpful.

Back