High Pitch Noise Theater i

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randallp

Reaction score
Hi ML owners! Recently, my Theater i has begun producing a high pitch noise out of the lower right hand side of the panel. If I push slightly on the panel, the noise makes a different pitch and often will go away. Any thoughts?

Thanks! Randall

Leave it powered down for at least 12 hours and vacuum the panel with a VERY POWERFUL vacuum. I suspect it will cure the problem completely. My Ascent were doing that the other day. Cured with the vacuum.

Hi ML owners! Recently, my Theater i has begun producing a high pitch noise out of the lower right hand side of the panel. If I push slightly on the panel, the noise makes a different pitch and often will go away. Any thoughts?

Thanks! Randall

Hola Randall and don't panic!...all electrostatic speakers causes funny noises. Normally the noise is produce by some debris or dust. Just with the aid of a vacuum cleaner, and where you know the noise is coming from, vacuum it, also it is good advise to leave the speaker disconnected from the main A.C. line overnight. It will not harm or damage your Theater i. happy listening,
Roberto.

Thank you both for the response. I suspected this may be the case. I'll leave them unplugged overnight tonight and vacuum tomorrow. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks,

Randall

Back