Hi there

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markd

Reaction score
Just took delivery of my new ESL-X's. I'm breaking them in now. Possibly in the market for new amplifiers. I currently have a pair of of Adcom 555 MkII with updated caps. I am looking for suggestions.
Thanks

Welcome Mark, Congrats on the stats ! Recapped triple 5's are a very good amp even 25 years laster ! I say break in your new speakers to know what you are listening to and perhaps venture out from there. Don't be to surprised if you have to lay down some decent coin for an improvement. Any interest in tube amps ?

Having run my Sequels with a GFA 555 back in the early '90s when both were new, I can say you will definitely appreciate the step-up going to a better amp will give.
Look for a good deal on a used Sunfire amp, and enjoy the improved dynamics. Most Class-H or Class-G amps should be fine.

Welcome aboard.

Welcome Mark, Congrats on the stats ! Recapped triple 5's are a very good amp even 25 years laster ! I say break in your new speakers to know what you are listening to and perhaps venture out from there. Don't be to surprised if you have to lay down some decent coin for an improvement. Any interest in tube amps ?

I would love tube amps. I had a pair of Paoli 60M's years ago for the high end of my DQ10's (Still have them) .

I would love tube amps. I had a pair of Paoli 60M's years ago for the high end of my DQ10's (Still have them) .

with that being said I am a charter member of the Rogue Audio fan boy club !

One of the best for $$ spent IMO. I had a pair of Rogue M-180's driving my Logans before going back to SS (Pass) to drive my (current) Revel Studio 2's

Hi Mark, Welcome aboard and congrats on the new Logans. Lots of choices to replace your Adcoms with... Will be fun following your journey. Glad you're here.

Thanks
Starting to look and listen. I am going to listen to a pair of the McIntosh MC275

with that being said I am a charter member of the Rogue Audio fan boy club !

One of the best for $$ spent IMO. I had a pair of Rogue M-180's driving my Logans before going back to SS (Pass) to drive my (current) Revel Studio 2's
Dave, I’m confused: if you’re a Rogue Audio fanboy, what are you doing with Pass amps? And when are you going back to Logan’s?

Dave, I’m confused: if you’re a Rogue Audio fanboy, what are you doing with Pass amps? And when are you going back to Logan’s?

While I am a Rogue Audio fanboy I have been a Nelson Pass fanboy even longer (80's) !

As for going back to ML, I'll never say never but in all likelihood I'll be downsizing with in the next 5-10 years

Back