Hi people. Help me please. ML Aerius

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JonFo said:
Roberto,

First, thanks so much for a clear response to the OP with their rail removal question. Very detailed and easy to follow instructions in his native language, a big plus for non-English speakers.

Sorry to hear about your business challenges. This is unfortunately typical of what I also experienced in Costa Rica. Back in 1984, I had my own business, and while not as bad you seem to have fared, I did not really get much out of the four years I invested in that venture, some of which was attributable to partners who wanted more than their share.

Any business venture is fraught with risk, but doing business in Latin-America is like playing Russian roulette, most of the time nothing happens, but when it does, bang.

Being very cautious and conservative is the way to go, even with friends. That way you all stay friends no matter what.
I hope you get back on your feet quick. I trust your helpful approach and generous attitude will make that happen quickly.

Best regards,
Thanks for your kind words too...well, risk is everywhere...and I asure you that when you have 58 years, you have lived enough to detect something fishy...the truth here is that I was not enough wealthy to cover the re-investment at this moment, so my shares went to the bottom, nothing for me, even that I made the store...but time will tell, I don´t wish them nothing bad...but my guts are full of acid when I remaind myself all the effort that I had to do to open a market for unknown brands here. A lot of work and knowledge is needed...and this is what I have being doing all my life...hi-end goods and provideing service to them is what I liked most. Seeing the way that are built and the topology of the circuitry itself is something special for me. I had read some guys letting us know the way that, as an example, ML is built...and I say to me, if these guys see inside other hi-end well known brands, will know too how good ML is built. The quality of the parts, and I don´t know if you know this, but you don´t find any screw to secure the cabinet of the MLs, the wood pieces are glued with a special glue that with the temperature will spand or contract, without breaking as a screw will do...the special cuts of the sides and bottom to match as a puzzle piece to archive the blend and solder as hard as like a solid or one piece of wood. There are so many little details on ML that I could spend hours talking about them...and the final product is a club where we are the fans...because our ears tell us how good they are...happy listening,
Roberto.

Back