Hi people. Help me please. ML Aerius

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ricardo

Reaction score
Can be disassembled wood the lateral crosspieces of a Martin Logan Aerius? It wanted to do new ones to me in another color and I would like to know as they go placed and that type of anchorages takes. Greetings.

I leave photo:

Thanks!.

Spanish:

¿Se pueden desmontar los travesaños de madera laterales de unas Martin Logan Aerius?

Quisiera hacerme unos nuevos en otro color y me gustaría saber como van colocados y que tipo de anclajes llevan.

Saludos.

Dejo foto:

181017694_9b9ffe1741.jpg

Saludos.

Ricardo said:
Can be disassembled wood the lateral crosspieces of a Martin Logan Aerius? It wanted to do new ones to me in another color and I would like to know as they go placed and that type of anchorages takes. Greetings.

I leave photo:

Thanks!.

Spanish:

¿Se pueden desmontar los travesaños de madera laterales de unas Martin Logan Aerius?

Quisiera hacerme unos nuevos en otro color y me gustaría saber como van colocados y que tipo de anclajes llevan.

Saludos.

Dejo foto:

181017694_9b9ffe1741.jpg

Saludos.
Hola don Ricardo, bienvenido al club!. Claro que sí se puede, es muy fácil hacerlo. Lo que tienes que hacer es, primero poner los Aerius acostados sobre su parte de atrás, poniendo una almohada o un cojín en el suelo para proteger sus conectores de los cables. Una vez que le tienes en esa posición, mira la parte del fondo. Hay dos tipos, uno en que el riel sale hacia arriba, es decir, como si estuviera parado, tienes que golpear en el fondo y otro al contrario. ¿Cómo saber hacia cuál sentido hacerlo?...cuando hay una latita a cada lado de los rieles, en el fondo. Estas latitas sirven para sostener los rieles y prevenir que estos se deslicen hacia abajo...si tienes estas latitas, tienes que quitarlas, están sostenidas por dos tornillos philips (de estrella) punta número 2...quiere decir que este modelo salen hacia abajo. Si no hay latitas, quiere decir que los rieles salen de abajo hacia arriba. Golpea enérgicamente, de tal forma que muevas los rieles como unos 2 A 3 cms. y así se liberan de sus seguros. Los puedes lijar o pintar del color que quieras...estamos a tus órdenes y te deseamos muchas horas de placer escuchando tus Martin Logan...saludos desde Costa Rica,
Roberto.

Thank you Roberto!!.

Muchisimas gracias por tu respuesta y también gracias por contestarme en español ya que no domino mucho en inglés.

Un abrazo!.

roberto said:
Hola don Ricardo, bienvenido al club!. Claro que sí se puede, es muy fácil hacerlo. Lo que tienes que hacer es, primero poner los Aerius acostados sobre su parte de atrás, poniendo una almohada o un cojín en el suelo para proteger sus conectores de los cables. Una vez que le tienes en esa posición, mira la parte del fondo. Hay dos tipos, uno en que el riel sale hacia arriba, es decir, como si estuviera parado, tienes que golpear en el fondo y otro al contrario. ¿Cómo saber hacia cuál sentido hacerlo?...cuando hay una latita a cada lado de los rieles, en el fondo. Estas latitas sirven para sostener los rieles y prevenir que estos se deslicen hacia abajo...si tienes estas latitas, tienes que quitarlas, están sostenidas por dos tornillos philips (de estrella) punta número 2...quiere decir que este modelo salen hacia abajo. Si no hay latitas, quiere decir que los rieles salen de abajo hacia arriba. Golpea enérgicamente, de tal forma que muevas los rieles como unos 2 A 3 cms. y así se liberan de sus seguros. Los puedes lijar o pintar del color que quieras...estamos a tus órdenes y te deseamos muchas horas de placer escuchando tus Martin Logan...saludos desde Costa Rica,
Roberto.

Roberto...I could not have said it any better........... Um...I think.....um....what did you say? :rolleyes: :eek:

Dan

Dang, I've got to show my wife this thread now. She is learning Spanish.

It's Spanish, right? :D

kach22i said:
Dang, I've got to show my wife this thread now. She is learning Spanish.

It's Spanish, right? :D
Hola Guys...you are too much!!!...he was happy that I did reply to him in Spanish...and will do the job of painting his Aerius rails with no problem now. If I can say it better in Spanish and the person wants it better in Spanish, why not?...happy listening,
Roberto.

My wife e-mailed back, she does like this thread, and the thread with the Detroit artist painted record player/art suitcase. :)

roberto said:
Hola Guys...you are too much!!!...he was happy that I did reply to him in Spanish...and will do the job of painting his Aerius rails with no problem now. If I can say it better in Spanish and the person wants it better in Spanish, why not?..
I could not agree with you more.....once again. It is so nice to have you around Roberto, not only for your music and audio knowledge, but for instances like this where knowing Spanish helped out another ML Owner.

Dan

DTB300 said:
I could not agree with you more.....once again. It is so nice to have you around Roberto, not only for your music and audio knowledge, but for instances like this where knowing Spanish helped out another ML Owner.

Dan
Thanks my dear friend...as you know, what do you think of the new coming model...the CLX? I was thinking in Jeff too...once, some guy asked me why I had CLS instead the new models, even that I talked so good regarding them...I said..."because at this moment, I do not have the greens for them..." and it is true. I just lost my store...I lost everything invested there...but the good thing is that I am still representing ML here in Costa Rica...a great relief for me...these are good news, I am soooooooooo happy for this...I had to shared with you all!
Warm regards from Costa Rica, my dear friends!!! :D
Roberto.

roberto said:
I said..."because at this moment, I do not have the greens for them..." and it is true. I just lost my store...I lost everything invested there....

Ah....not trying to hijack the thread here but....Roberto....what's going on? :confused:

Were you robbed again?

Last edited:
Kruppy said:
Ah....not trying to hijack the thread here but....Roberto....what's going on? :confused:

Were you robbed again?
Well, about three years ago I was robbed at my workshop. Now, what happened was that my partner who had 51% of the shares of the Company rised suddenly (with only five days to get that sum of money) a re-investment, and he knew already that it was not possible for me to get at that point...in other words, he had learned enough of the business, he wants the store, with all the brands and goods inside, my shares are his now...and he put me out of the Company. Nothing I can do about it...we all know that it is possible. And at this point of my life, finding myself loosing all my effort, money, etc... and willing to work for my near retire...it is very hard and difficult. Thanks God I have you guys...believe me when I say this...the forum is a great way to take off all my depression. Also. I have to confess that I have God in my heart, and I know for sure that He wants me better...
I didn´t want to tell you this, but now I feel much better letting you know my truth...happy listening,
Roberto.

I felt depressed or should say was under a great deal of constant stress all winter. In the spring first thing I did was paint zebra stripes on my old Geo Tracker. It's funny how something that silly can break you free.

I still have some masking tape if you need it buddy. :)

kach22i said:
I felt depressed or should say was under a great deal of constant stress all winter. In the spring first thing I did was paint zebra stripes on my old Geo Tracker. It's funny how something that silly can break you free.

I still have some masking tape if you need it buddy. :)

Thanks for the offer...it would be as good as and liked if I got them from you!...thanks for your nice thoughts. I am working now with an Audio and Video Custom Company. The name is Nakamichi CR. I am working as a sales representative and as a consultant for Audio and Video Expert. At least is a good job, and can do freely what I liked most...talk about the great sound of ML...and as soon as I have enough greens, will bring the Brand again here...I am broke, and not ashamed to say it too...it was not my fault what happened to me...it was only my lack of experience with business like I did. I thought that everybody was like me, and they are not!...hard to learn this at my age, but you´ll never stop learning. Life is a school...hard way to learned at this point of my life. The good thing is that ML heard my crying, and my reasons of what happened...they investigate, and said that they rather have a friend with them than a business that might not will have the passion and knowledge as I do for ML products. Good for me!!! and thanks to ML sales team for their trust and support for this old costarrican guy. Happy listening,
Roberto.

Last edited:
Roberto,

My thoughts are with you ! I know you only from your posts but that is enough to convince me you are a good and generous man that does not deserve what is happening right now !

I hope those sad times will get away quickly ! In the meantime, I wish you the best !

Take care, my friend !

Kaliar said:
Roberto,

My thoughts are with you ! I know you only from your posts but that is enough to convince me you are a good and generous man that does not deserve what is happening right now !

I hope those sad times will get away quickly ! In the meantime, I wish you the best !

Take care, my friend !
Hey guys, if I didn´t feel like home here, I would not be writting or posting...all of you are great people...it is hard to believe or find bad ones that will like Martin Logan sound...we are in heaven when we listen, right?...thanks for your friendship, support and help!!! I love you guys!...happy listening, this is only temporary for sure!
Roberto.

roberto said:
Hey guys, if I didn´t feel like home here, I would not be writting or posting...all of you are great people...it is hard to believe or find bad ones that will like Martin Logan sound...we are in heaven when we listen, right?...thanks for your friendship, support and help!!! I love you guys!...happy listening, this is only temporary for sure!
Roberto.

Roberto -

It sounds like you were robbed. Is there no legal action you can take against that guy? If you had a partnership, aren't you entitled to at least part of the business? Sorry for your misfortune. I hope you come back bigger and better than ever!

Roberto,

I have thought about your situation more than a few times since you and I talked about it at CEDIA.

What would it take to get you back on your feet as a business? Would you consider some American partners? How would you feel about members of this forum joining in this business with you?

I am certain that there are others on this forum beside myself who have thought about one day owning an Audio business. I am interested in the possibilities....if for no other reason than to give me an excuse to visit you in Costa Rica, have the opportunity to feed my addiction at dealer cost, and write the whole thing off!

Last edited:
aliveatfive said:
Roberto -

It sounds like you were robbed. Is there no legal action you can take against that guy? If you had a partnership, aren't you entitled to at least part of the business? Sorry for your misfortune. I hope you come back bigger and better than ever!
Hola aliveatfive...at my age, you don´t want problems...all what you want is live in peace and work with what you like most...and this is music through my ML :p . Yeah, that´s what my children tell me...but I am sick of this!...I even don´t want to talk more regarding it...I have to get a good lawyer, and start to fight for a legal move that they did...it is legal in your own country or in mine to rise suddently your shares for re-investment, and if you don´t have the money, then you are out!...that´s what happened to me...didn´t have the sum for re-investment, and that´s why my shares worth nothing. Besides, I don´t want to do more business with them. God knows my heart, and I have not done anything wrong...just leave the company whitout a dime!!!...again, thank you so much for your support and help!!! you are my hope and my walking stick now that I am like this...but not for long. Again, thanks!
Roberto.

Last edited:
MiTT said:
Roberto,

I have thought about your situation more than a few times since you and I talked about it at CEDIA.

What would it take to get you back on your feet as a business? Would you consider some American partners? How would you feel about members of this forum joining in this business with you?

I am certain that there are others on this forum beside myself who have thought about one day owning an Audio business. I am interested in the possibilities....if for no other reason than to give me an excuse to visit you in Costa Rica, have the opportunity to feed my addiction at dealer cost write the whole thing off!
Hola Tim...thanks for the offer!!! As I met you in person, I have the same feeling, you are a kind man. We are in the same boat with our liking in music and sound. I am going to tell you another truth. I sold ML here in Costa Rica at US retail price. Why? because if I sell it with more profit, to get to U.S. only costs $ 500.00 or less for a round trip, and for anybody that could afford ML, if he could get it cheaper, will come to U.S. at the morning and come back at the afternoon with a pair of any ML back here. The import taxes, as a personal importation are free sometimes, depends of who is at the customs...so I could get a lot of gray market...but the import taxes for a company are high...you have a partner right away, even that he does not put any money, but you have to give him right away the 30% of the invoice...our government. And at the end of the year, there would be another share for it...but at least we don´t have any machine guns or heavy crime...any of you, if you would like, can come here, know Costa Rica, know the place where I live, and the people that I am with, my family, my friends, and find out who is Roberto Herrera with similar business around the area. It is an easy thing and task to do. Come any time that you would like...and perhaps, who knows, the rabbit might jump from the hole, and we might will have it for dinner...thanks Tim for your kind offer!!!!The world would be much better if we have more people like you!...meeting you at the show made me think that there is still hope for the human kind in this world full of heartless persons...thanks for your friendship...and for you guys, if is there anything that I could do for you at this part of the world, will do my best!...happy listening,
Roberto.

Roberto,

First, thanks so much for a clear response to the OP with their rail removal question. Very detailed and easy to follow instructions in his native language, a big plus for non-English speakers.

Sorry to hear about your business challenges. This is unfortunately typical of what I also experienced in Costa Rica. Back in 1984, I had my own business, and while not as bad you seem to have fared, I did not really get much out of the four years I invested in that venture, some of which was attributable to partners who wanted more than their share.

Any business venture is fraught with risk, but doing business in Latin-America is like playing Russian roulette, most of the time nothing happens, but when it does, bang.

Being very cautious and conservative is the way to go, even with friends. That way you all stay friends no matter what.
I hope you get back on your feet quick. I trust your helpful approach and generous attitude will make that happen quickly.

Best regards,

Back