help with old Aerius!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruso

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have been a proud Aerius owner for more than 20 years, but now they are tired; the electrostatic membranes lost the highs and the woofers 'crackle' at medium levels so must be replaced.

¿Will worth the price to refurbish them? ¿is there a way to get spare pieces at good prices?

Thanks in advance for your help!

ruso

Hi guys,

I have been a proud Aerius owner for more than 20 years, but now they are tired; the electrostatic membranes lost the highs and the woofers 'crackle' at medium levels so must be replaced.

¿Will worth the price to refurbish them? ¿is there a way to get spare pieces at good prices?

Thanks in advance for your help!

ruso
Hola Ruso...usually, just replacing the stat panels, you have a new babies back in your room like having new speakers...I think it really worth to send them to ML Factory...they will test everything and also will service what they need to sing back as new again...buying new speakers will cost you more. Happy listening,
Roberto.

I agree. My first experience was with a used pair of ML Aerius as well that were in perfect shape on the outside with absolutely no marks but the guy smoked about 3 packs a day and when I got them, they smelled terrible!!! I bought them for a few hundred bucks, took them apart and had my dealer change the woofers and stats. When I got them back, they sounded better than 3/4's of the speakers in his shop that were twice the price! I sold them for 1200$ and bought my Quests.

They are a great speaker and worth the effort. You will pay maybe about 700$ to upgrade them but you will have clear spars technology and a sound that will blow away many speakers 3 times that price easily!:music:

3rd on the recomendations for getting new panels

Back