Help! where can I demo CLX!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hughp3

Reaction score
Edit: heard from davinci hope to set a demo up
I am going to buy new speakers within the next 35 days. And I am having a hard time finding a pair of CLX to demo. I’ve heard the 15a and they are very good, but really want to audition the CLX preferably with ML subs. Best Buy in Atlanta has a pair but they’re down and no idea when they’ll be back online. Have called da Vinci twice I hope to hear back from them.
Thanks!!

My current system is :
Magnapan 20.7
Pair of Vander Steen sub threes with HP seven crossovers
AR Ref 6
Mac mc601 monos
DCS Bartok

Last edited:
thanks guys. i am going to axpona and Shawn at Davinci Audio has been kind enough to setup a demo for me on thursday. a bit of driving but i have to audition them!

very nice, I love the 15a's, but properly set up CLX's with subs are in another league IMO.

let us know your thoughts after hearing them ............

Edit: heard from davinci hope to set a demo up
I am going to buy new speakers within the next 35 days. And I am having a hard time finding a pair of CLX to demo. I’ve heard the 15a and they are very good, but really want to audition the CLX preferably with ML subs. Best Buy in Atlanta has a pair but they’re down and no idea when they’ll be back online. Have called da Vinci twice I hope to hear back from them.
Thanks!!

My current system is :
Magnapan 20.7
Pair of Vander Steen sub threes with HP seven crossovers
AR Ref 6
Mac mc601 monos
DCS Bartok

Wow. Impressive system as is. How big is your room / how far out are the 20s and what is current system missing?

Wow. Impressive system as is. How big is your room / how far out are the 20s and what is current system missing?

Timm honestly I just have the fever lol... I did audition the 15a and liked them better than the Maggies. But... I want to audition a bunch of speakers hence going to AXPONA. My budget is $30k+- new or used.

And Here is a real wild card** I worked out a deal on these, if I don't like them I can return, a used pair of YG Anat iii Studio with many Sonja upgrades. They should arrive this week. Price was too good to pass up but I have it in writing that I can return in 35 days.

As far as the Maggies - I have them 6 feet out from front wall. The front wall is heavy QRD - 2 and 1 dimensional. I love them (they are already sold + hopefully subs) but I know I like the 15a better already.
Room is 11w 22L 8H but halfway down the room it opens to 14 feet. Its a dedicated room
. image1 (1).jpg

Attachments

• room1.jpg
    room1.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Ha!! I know that room Hugh. We were talking on another site about room issues. :). Did you get the Bartok? I recall you having a dcs dac coming.

Ha!! I know that room Hugh. We were talking on another site about room issues. :). Did you get the Bartok? I recall you having a dcs dac coming.

hey tim yes got the dcs. it is amazing. very low noise and amazing resolution. really looking forward to the next 40 days, a lot to listen to with CLX high on the list.

IMO, again, IMO CLX's would be constrained in that narrow of a room. As for 15a's , same thing. My room is 3 1/2' wider and I wouldn't go beyond 13a's

IMO, again, IMO CLX's would be constrained in that narrow of a room. As for 15a's , same thing. My room is 3 1/2' wider and I wouldn't go beyond 13a's

Hey Dave - well the 20.7 were not constrained , in fact after a demo of the Maggies to a couple of local club folks a guy bought them off me. My room opens up about 3 feet in front of the speakers to 14 feet.

That was my first thought when I saw the room Dave. They may sound good but there is no way for them to not be limited by the width of the room.
I guess you will just have to try them and find out Hugh.

Well - regardless of room ... there is a lot of room treatment going on with what appears adequate space behind the speaker. The curvilinear panel will be - guessing 3' from the side wall -at the least I would think? I've never really had a lot of sidewall interaction with my logans.... but... we will wait and see.... :) . I think someone could make either of these speakers their final speakers....

thanks for the warnings guys, it is a concern but the Maggies did work. Will let you know what happens will be a month or so before the trigger is pulled, AXPONA first.

As I remember reberto CLXs are setup in a very small room, try to get ahold of him and see what he says about it. He might have some good information for u.

thanks for the warnings guys, it is a concern but the Maggies did work. Will let you know what happens will be a month or so before the trigger is pulled, AXPONA first.

Are CLX at AXPONA ?

As I remember reberto CLXs are setup in a very small room, try to get ahold of him and see what he says about it. He might have some good information for u.

Thanks. I will see if I can find him an Pm him.
Well my project has grown a bit. I am pricing out a steel building

Hugh -so anything to report ?????

Latest posts

Back