Help! Stat panel fell...wires loose

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avidinvestor

Reaction score
I was changing the trim color on my Aerius i's and didn't realize the stat panels could slide down. One slid down and now one of the three wires going to the stat panel pulled loose. It's the red wire that appears to be "sandwiched" between the panels. Can I simply re-solder the lead to the panel? Any additional guidance or instruction would be appreciated.

Hola. The red wire is the +bias and has circa 2KV!. There is no way to solder it to the diaphragm. It is about 1 inch of the red bare wire, touching the diaphragm. It is attached to it by a little piece of scotch tape. I think that this scotch tape is special tape. You should ask the advice to ML service dept. [email protected] Dana is always helping to us, with any service issue. Contact him, or call him 785-856-4732...Happy listening!

That's trouble!
If you're very skilled you may be able to use a conductive epoxy to bond it to the copper ring, but....

Thanks!

I warmed up the stat panel around the area where the red wire pulled loose with a heat gun on a low setting. I then separated the grill panels slightly and carefully pushed the red wire back into the same spot. I reassembled everything and held my breath....and the panel worked! Thanks for the information and suggestions.

That might work for a while. But in the long run you will need to make a permanent mechanical connection or else there is the chance that your pressed-together fix will slip out from the vibrations.

Back