Help requested!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandyL999

Reaction score
I'm buying another ML setup for a second home. My problem is finding HT furniture/stands that will get the job done. I want to be able to hold a 65" DLP HDTV and have my Theater i above or below the screen without wall mounting. In addition, I don't want an excessively wide cabinet with side shelves that will block the reflection of my Ascent i speakers. Will only need room for a reasonable sized pre/pro, amp, DVD player and power conditioner, which I assume would fit under the TV.

Surely the collective wisdom of this group might have some ideas for me in HT furniture that you've had good luck with!

Thanks in advance!

Randy
Clearwater, FL

Did you try to Google "racksandstands" at least I think that the site ???

I'm buying another ML setup for a second home. My problem is finding HT furniture/stands that will get the job done. I want to be able to hold a 65" DLP HDTV and have my Theater i above or below the screen without wall mounting. In addition, I don't want an excessively wide cabinet with side shelves that will block the reflection of my Ascent i speakers. Will only need room for a reasonable sized pre/pro, amp, DVD player and power conditioner, which I assume would fit under the TV.

Surely the collective wisdom of this group might have some ideas for me in HT furniture that you've had good luck with!

Thanks in advance!

Randy
Clearwater, FL

For my non-ML system with a 50" DLP, I am using single component wide stand from BDI that is rated for a much smaller display. I mounted the rack to the wall with brackets and made a custom top shelf out of funiture grade plywood that is secured to rack with screws. There you have it, a narrow rack for a larger diplay that will not tip over. I also have my TV secured to the wall with straps since I live in earthquake country.

Randy, just rediscovered this thread. Just curious what you ended up getting for A/V furniture. I'm in the same boat, looking for a low console type unit that will also hold a center channel (likely to be the new ML Motif).

Mullens Furniture (in Tampa, anyways) says they'll be getting in their new designs end of Aug. I'm gonna hold off to see what they get, but am also seriously considering the new Salamander Chameleon line...
http://www.salamanderdesigns.com/

Ended up getting a unit that is not well known in audio circles. Enough room for a Sony KDS60A2020, and four components. Can't even remember the name of the provider... my wife found it at Design Interiors in Crystal River.

Ended up mounting the Theater i into the wall over the TV.

Mullen hasn't had anything that met my specialized needs, but seem to carry nice stuff.

R

Here's one I used a while ago that might work, it's a TV stand from Ikea, can't remember the exact model, but it's wide enough to accomodate a 65" DLP or LCD TV:

Plus it's cheap, like $100 or so.

logans2.jpg

Back