Help Needed

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MDSPHOTO

Reaction score
Unfortunately, my home theater design is not going to work out as planned due to the removal of a back wall. I now need to go with an in-wall speaker instead of using my Sequel II's for the surrounds. Need suggestions for in-wall surrounds to mate well with my Summits and Stage,

How about on-wall? There is always the Martin Logan EFX, or if you need smaller/cheaper, the Motion FX2. For in-wall there is always the architectural series (Voyage, Passage, and Ticket).

If the rear is open, then I'd recommend the EM FX2.

Can you post more about the room layout, where will these be mounted?

If the rear is open, then I'd recommend the EM FX2.

Can you post more about the room layout, where will these be mounted?

Here is the drawing of the room. On the wall that says "cab by owner" the Summits and Stage will be facing into the room. The great room has a 17' ceiling that drops to a 10' ceiling in the kitchen in that wall above the kitchen island that says "Overhang" I was thinking of placing in wall speakers. I would probably need something I can aim down toward the listening position in the middle of the room. TVROOM.jpg

Take a look at the new ElectroMotion Architectural line, just introduced last month. http://www.martinlogan.com/architectural/electromotion/index.php

I have a very similar rook layout and am using EM-ESL as my primary speakers. I just added the EM-IC as surround speakers a couple of weeks ago and they really do match the "voice" of the EM-ESL very well. I suspect they would mate well with the Stage and Summit as well.

One advantage of the EM-IC and EM-R speakers is that they are rotatable and can be aimed to optimize your listening experience.

How about on-wall? There is always the Martin Logan EFX, or if you need smaller/cheaper, the Motion FX2. For in-wall there is always the architectural series (Voyage, Passage, and Ticket).

Consider the EFX for a vertical mount only. Horizontal is a problem.

Go for BOSE, I hear they are nice! :)

Small and irregular spaces can be a challenge. I would go in wall and not worry excessively about back channel symmetry. Correcting the sound field with your AV processing. Or go forward with a 3.1 system. Pre wire if you can.

Back