Help me decide: New EletroMotion or Source?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirnice

Reaction score
I was amazed by the ML speakers after a quick listen at BB. I listened to the new EletroMotion and the Source. The EletroMotion seems to have betters highs and clearer vocal... BUT the Source is on clearance at half the price vs the new EletroMotion. The Source still better than the other box speakers I heard and at less than half of it's original cost as well.

Looking for some advice which to get, best bang for the money.
Open to other similar ML speakers as well, no just limiting to the Source and EletroMition. I'm just not too familiar with the brand but I know I like their sound signature and quality. Please make suggestions.

more info: I can get the source for around $900 while the EM is regular retail at $1995.

Thanks

Last edited:
You could get a used set of Ascents instead, perhaps a better way to go. It all depend on your equipment, room size, etc. Have a look at the Acent i's in upgraded piano black finish in the classified section of this site. That's the way I would go.

Last edited:
I was amazed by the ML speakers after a quick listen at BB. I listened to the new EletroMotion and the Source. The EletroMotion seems to have betters highs and clearer vocal... BUT the Source is on clearance at half the price vs the new EletroMotion. The Source still better than the other box speakers I heard and at less than half of it's original cost as well.

Looking for some advice which to get, best bang for the money.
Open to other similar ML speakers as well, no just limiting to the Source and EletroMition. I'm just not too familiar with the brand but I know I like their sound signature and quality. Please make suggestions.

more info: I can get the source for around $900 while the EM is regular retail at $1995.

Thanks

Both are good, to me the EM sounded better because they use a nicer panel, let your ears do the talking! At the EM price "New" it is hard to beat.

Both are good, to me the EM sounded better because they use a nicer panel, let your ears do the talking! At the EM price "New" it is hard to beat.

To me it's obvious that the Newer panel of the EM sounds better (super transparent, vocal is clearer) but wondering if it's worth 2x the price of the source. I guess I'll have to decide on that one. Too bad not many reviews of the new EM yet and if I wait, The source will be gone at that price.:(

I think the electromotion is worth the asking price . You will want more if you buy the source . the pannel may only be 6 inch taller but the vantage and vista is also 6 inch taller than the electromotion and they cost more than $1000 more than the electromotion

The extra money is worth it for what you will get back

I am in the same boat......tho the dif in price is only about $500......which really isn't much over the life of the units. And both are new.......

But I see some other posts that seem to indicate that you went with the Source....... and are already out looking to upgrade them.........

That says a lot to me and leans me heavily toward the EM-ESL.

I have the EM-ESL and they continue to awe me. They are good for a med to smaller space and are equil in music and home theater. The sound stage is open and detailed. And they look great!

Back