Hello from Sammamish, WA.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tengizk

Reaction score
My name is Tengiz, I am from Sammamish, WA. Have finally become a happy owner of ESL speakers after almost 30 years of contemplating the idea. First time I've heard about electrostats was in 1980 - I was fresh out of high school back then and could not possibly afford them. Besides, living in the USSR was not exactly to my advantage as well :)

Then I completely abandoned the idea and stopped listening to quality music at all for almost 20 years - I've had other passions and hobbies to pursue.

But when I first time actually heard ESLs in 2001 it all came back to me - although I was not exactly floored by the quality thanks to very poor presentation (despite it was one of the local supposedly High-End audio boutiques). It took me several years and multiple failed attempts to finally experience the magic of electrostats and only after that I decided that I've got to have MartinLogans in my HT setup.

So, now I am a very happy owner of Vistas + Motif, but am still in the process of finding the matching surrounds that would work well in my media room.

I mostly listen to classical, jazz, blues, occasional pop/rock and my native traditional Georgian (not the state, the country) polyphonic singing. By formal education I am an Electrical Engineering/MS in Physics, during my earlier years after graduating from the university I used to be a research scientist in the field of physical acoustics (so I apologize in advance if I ever seem annoyingly technical when it comes to acoustics and electronics ;)), then switched to the actual electrincal engineering and finally settled on computer science which I've been doing for almost 20 years now.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Welcome to the club Tengiz! The speakers I had prior to my CLS IIz were the Vista's and I enjoyed the sound they produced.

Welcome Tengiz. Please consider posting your system with pics in the Member Systems section of the forum.

Cheers and enjoy the sound!

Back