Hello from North Carolina

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SKirby

Reaction score
I recently joined the Martin Logan club with the purchase of a pair of Vistas three weeks ago. I am in the process of putting together my first true audiophile two channel system in my office. I was seriously considering going with a pair of B&W CM9s when I went into a local Magnolia store and my world turned upside down. I was finishing my listening session with the cm9s when I noticed a pair do ML Theos on the adjacent wall. Even though they were way out of my price range I asked the salesman if I could listen as I wanted to hear what $5k speakers sounded like. Needless to say I was blown away. I then went to listen to the electromotions and liked these more than the B&Ws and went home to do some research. That's when I came across the fabulous deal on the Vistas. I immediately jumped on them and have been grinning ear to ear for the past three weeks.

I'm so glad to have found this forum. It has been a tremendous resource and am so glad to have joined the club!!

Welcome SKirby! Thank you for sharing with us yet another story of how amazed a person can be upon first discovering MLs. Hope you enjoy the forum. Lots of great posts here for you to search through, and many knowledgeable folks to chat with.

Welcome Skirby from a fellow Vista owner, I assume you got that same awesome deal as I did from audioadvisor. I have had mine for less than 2 month and they get better and better with my limited listening schedule

That's good to hear as I think they already sound awesome. I did get one of the last couple of pairs from audio advisor. Two years ago I also purchased an Abyss sub I love that is part of my HT set up. Right now I'm using my Marantz SR-8001 receiver to break these in so my HT is temporarily out of commission. Can't say I'm at all upset as I'm enjoying listening to music more than ever. I'm going to post a separate thread soon on some integrated amp questions I have. Looking forward to the journey.

I recently joined the Martin Logan club with the purchase of a pair of Vistas three weeks ago. I am in the process of putting together my first true audiophile two channel system in my office. I was seriously considering going with a pair of B&W CM9s when I went into a local Magnolia store and my world turned upside down. I was finishing my listening session with the cm9s when I noticed a pair do ML Theos on the adjacent wall. Even though they were way out of my price range I asked the salesman if I could listen as I wanted to hear what $5k speakers sounded like. Needless to say I was blown away. I then went to listen to the electromotions and liked these more than the B&Ws and went home to do some research. That's when I came across the fabulous deal on the Vistas. I immediately jumped on them and have been grinning ear to ear for the past three weeks.

Almost the same story here :). Congrats on the Vista purchase and welcome to MLO club. Folks here are very friendly and helpful.

Back