Hello From Houston, Texas

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Epix

Reaction score
MLO, I wanted to finally post and say hello and introduce myself. I currently have two ML Aerius i's with a Cinema i center channel, powered by a HK AVR 220, and just recently acquired a Carver AV505 about three weeks ago. Yesterday I recieved my ML Script i's but I'm sad to say that I opened the box to find them damaged by UPS. Both speaker's are damaged one more than the other. One speaker has a quarter sized dent in the electrostat grill and the other speaker is literally broken on both sides of the rails of the electrostat. I was so excited yesterday but now im so dissapointed that a perfectly great pair of well taken care of speakers were so mistreated by a company that pride's itself on logistic's. The store i bought them from packaged them in their original box and packaging so I know care went into making sure they were shipped correctly. Anyway's it looks like I may end up having to look for another pair of Script i's. Sucks to be the bearer of bad new's on this first post/introduction. In the end I know it will all work out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 213
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 202
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 198
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 211
Epix, welcome, albeit not on a good note at first but I trust proper insurance was in place.

Epix, welcome, albeit not on a good note at first but I trust proper insurance was in place.

Twich54 thanks, yes thankfully however I really want for them to be repaired by ML seeing how it has been hard to find the i's as opposed to just the Script. The dealer I bought them from has been very helpful so far and is helping with my claim and is saying they may issue me a refund but I would like for them to be repaired. I called ML and spoke with the service department and they said after viewing the damage that they can be repaired and will get back with me on the total cost. I was able to find out that one stat panel cost about $700 so I dont know what UPS is gonna try and do. I feel that they should eat the cost regardless of dollar amount.

Sorry to hear about your shipping nightmare. The shipper has to file the claim. Depending on the amount of insurance, UPS may send an inspector to view the speakers and the associated packaging. He has the power to authorize or deny the payment of the claim for the insured amount. Don't be lulled into a sense of security because original packaging was used. UPS has their requirements and often original packaging wasn't meant for direct shipments but were shipped on pallets, which is a very different animal. When I had my Prodigy's shipped from Maine to Texas, I had them packed in original boxes, placed on a pallet and shipped truck freight.

If you're ever in San Antonio, you're welcomed to come over for some audio time.

Latest posts

Back