Heard the CLX today!!!!!!!!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just wondering how the CLX handles the bass drum thwacks at the beginning of Also Sprach Zarathustra. Has anyone heard it ?

Are you referring to the TELARC recording. If so I think it would do OK. Those are tight bass drums not so much deep. I can do them on my CLS. The sub does help . From the demo I have heard I think they would pass with flying colors.

I was referring to the famous Mehta recording, but in any case you answered my question.

+1 on hearing them with Sanders Monoblocks.

I'd insist on it before dropping $20K on speakers.

Also, I believe they absolutely do need a sub. They are dipoles for crying out loud, they will never go deep enough without a sub.

The only question is what Crossover point? Seems like 60Hz or so would be a good place to start.

No one has talked about the "CLX" setting on the newer subs since the CLX has been out This setting was supposed to designed with the CLX in mind. Is it not being used in these CLX listening sessions?

I have of one of these so-called" CLX ready subs. I figured that since I already have the knob on my Descent i I should go ahead and buy the Anniversary CLX ;> I have to, I'm obligated now:devil::banana::devil:

Last edited:
one more time

...Panels don't need watts they need current. They are a lot of amps that can drive panels just fine.:cool:

Latest posts

Back