Have Aerius for Main System, Upgrading 2nd system from Mirage Soundbar to Motion 12?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yang1815

Reaction score
Hey gang. I don't consider myself an audiophile but I do like what I like. So the situation is that my main listening 2.1 system for music/movies contain a Denon receiver to an Anthem hybrid amp to my Aerius/sub with brand new panels replaced just last year. I really enjoy that set-up and as long as I can get replacement panels when they go bad, I don't think I will get rid of the Aerius or change the amp.

Now the question is for my second 3.1 system. This is the system in my main living room where we do more TV watching than movies and less music compared to the main system unless I am cooking/having dinner. When I set this up, I figure I would try a Mirage Unitheater Sound bar (LCR) since I used to enjoy a 5.1 Mirage bookshelf system very much. And while it is a capable system, it does not even remotely compare to my Aerius.

With that being said, I have always said that if I see a good deal on Martin Logans, I would jump on it to replace the Mirage Unitheater. Well, I saw a deal on the Motion 10 and 12. After doing some brief research on the internet and forums, I placed an order for a pair of Motion 12s.

The question is perhaps for those who are familiar, would the Motion 12s be a step closer to the Aerius from the Mirage Unitheater or should I cancel the order for the Motion 12s? And I am only asking this because there is no store here in Nebraska that I could go demo. Thanks.

Quite honestly any ML would make a huge improvement. I have not heard Motion 12 but I see it uses same principle tweeter technology Elac is famous for, don't thing you can go wrong with that.

Back