Has anyone use Elvamide?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloo24

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone has tried using Dupont Elvamide to restore the conductivity of their panels. I found it on ebay and it says it works perfectly but I've never heard of anyone doing this. If anyone knows where a tutorial is that would be great!

Thanks!

Ok, I'll bite... I googled Evlamide and see that it's a nylon multipolymer resin. Then I saw the ebay ad and it says "Electrostatic Speaker Conductive Coating Elvamide 120g
FREE SHIPPING WOLRDWIDE - DUPONT ELVAMIDE - ESL" with a picture of a little pile of beads.

So, i have a few questions... is Elvamide the product ML uses on their panels at the factory? How would it be applied to your existing panels? What makes you think the conductive properties of your panels is gone? Wouldn't just buying new panels be easier?

Ok, I'll bite... I googled Evlamide and see that it's a nylon multipolymer resin. Then I saw the ebay ad and it says "Electrostatic Speaker Conductive Coating Elvamide 120g
FREE SHIPPING WOLRDWIDE - DUPONT ELVAMIDE - ESL" with a picture of a little pile of beads.

So, i have a few questions... is Elvamide the product ML uses on their panels at the factory? How would it be applied to your existing panels? What makes you think the conductive properties of your panels is gone? Wouldn't just buying new panels be easier?

Unfortunately these are all questions that I am interested in. The reason I'm interested is because I bought 2 stylos speakers on craigslist and I'm not sure how the previous owner treated them. Buying new panels would be much easier but I am a tinkerer as well as a college student so it'd be much more cost effective to perform the operation myself. I believe what you would do is melt the beads in some sort of solution and spread it on the diaphragm but that is strictly me guessing.

The Stylos panels are no longer available from ML, so you're out of luck there.. I wouldn't be surprised if the ebay seller has no idea what Evlamide is used for.. If your speakers sounds OK, don't mess with them, but it the don't sound right, you may want to do the shower treatment to clean the panels. That that doesn't work, I'd venture to say you're SOL. I don't think re-coating the mylar would be something I'd mess with.

Buy some Techspray Licron Crystal ESD (or a couple others) if you are adventurous enough to take the panels apart. You will likely have to replace the diaphragm material though as you likely can't separate the stators without ruining it. I'm in the process of doing this to a pair of CSL's

Last edited:
Back