Happy birthday Tom!!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hola Dr.! Thanks! Now, I am a big boy, a super grandpa! Four by now.

About a little over month ago, got a clean ARC VT-100MKIII. I looked inside the PC Circuit Board, and never had being repaired. Then, after half a hour, the business was done.

When the comparison between the VTL ST-150 vs ARC VT-100MKIII was made, both were very good. Then, about a week ago, got the last two new capacitors. Just finished their installation, and its sound was horrible at the begining. I needed to break in the new capacitors at the input stage, made of Teflon, left it on, with computer music playing uninterrupted 24 hours, and the sound now is more liquid, well defined, deeper 3D and stable image. The tubes 6550Cs are singing along with my CLXs did and are doing a great job! You should give a CLXs a try! Really a wonderful, enjoyable, trully well balanced sound.

Thanks again!

Happy birthday everyone concerned!

It will take hundreds of hours for Teflon caps to stabilize but it will get gradually better from about 300h on. May I ask which brand of caps did you install?

Great recommendation Roberto. I've now listened to her on Spotify and also found several YouTub videos of her performances. Very talented and also attractive!
Unfortunately, my listening experience was not with my ML gear as we're in an apartment waiting for our new home to be built --- move-in around mid-March. I'll not have all the ML and lots of new gear installed with assistance of installer until mid-April. Can't wait. I'll start another thread on interconnects as I need to buy about 8 pair as well as a Marantz 8802 which I'm delighted to see will be available in March. More in another thread shortly.

Happy birthday Tom and Roberto. Great stories, Roberto!

Back