Grotto or Grotto i ? Please help...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galaxy101

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am a newbie to this site and to the ML brand. I am looking for a ML sub. I am debating an used ML Grotto for about $600, or buy a new ML Grotto i for $1500. Is it worth to buy a new sub? any difference between the two anyway beside new? Please help to decide it, anyone. Thank you in advance.

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie to this site and to the ML brand. I am looking for a ML sub. I am debating an used ML Grotto for about $600, or buy a new ML Grotto i for $1500. Is it worth to buy a new sub? any difference between the two anyway beside new? Please help to decide it, anyone. Thank you in advance.

If you're going to go used, there's a Depth i on Agon right now for 1199... not a bad price (especially since it's advertized as being new).

If you're going to go used, there's a Depth i on Agon right now for 1199... not a bad price (especially since it's advertized as being new).

Thanks, where can I look at the used Depth i? any link?

Thank you.

Sure thing... and to answer your question - there's always a certain amount of risk when buying used. Always try and demo the item before commiting to buy if possible (unfortunately with Audiogon, this is usually not possible given geographic challenges). Also, I don't believe ML warrantees are transferrable, so you will end up footing the bill if something does go ka-put at some point. Having said that though, I've purchased used subs in the past (REL Storm IIIs in fact) and never had a problem. It's just a gamble like anything else.

Unfortunately, I have zero experience with the Grotto and Grotto i, so can't comment there.

Good luck.

I would also go along with Todd's advice of buying the used Depth i over the Grotto. I bought a used Depth a couple of years ago,it was in perfect shape. I recently bought 2 Depth i's and love them, but bought them brand new due to none being on the used market up here in Canada.

Cheers, Greg

Latest posts

Back