Grotto i - No power

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lite

Reaction score
So, pulled my Grotto out of the box after moving it. It's not powering up. (Yay!)

As much as I would love to check the fuse, I'm not entirely sure how to open the stupid fuse panel. I can't tell if it needs to be forced open with a screwdriver or a pry tool, or just given a stern look so it just pops open or what...

Halp! :)

Any ides, suggestions, good natured taunting?

Why is it I can re-wire my wife's pinball machine, but I can't figure out how to replace the fuse on my subwoofer?

So, pulled my Grotto out of the box after moving it. It's not powering up. (Yay!)

As much as I would love to check the fuse, I'm not entirely sure how to open the stupid fuse panel. I can't tell if it needs to be forced open with a screwdriver or a pry tool, or just given a stern look so it just pops open or what...

Halp! :)

Any ides, suggestions, good natured taunting?

Why is it I can re-wire my wife's pinball machine, but I can't figure out how to replace the fuse on my subwoofer?

Hola. If the fuse is blown, then you have a short circuit inside. The Grotto I uses a switching power supply. Usuallly this is the culprit of blowing fuses. Contact ML service dept. They will guide you and will send to you any part that you might need to fix your sub. Happy listening,
Roberto.

Page 12: 2-Channel Mode with 2-Channel Output.

Page 14: Shows the plug, and the fuse, but it does not include any language about how to open the fused receptacle, which is what I was asking for help with...

But, then again you linked the manual for the Grotto, and not the Grotto i which uses a completely different fuse receptacle. The simple twist style fuse housing I understand, but the Grotto i uses a receptacle that must be pried open using a small flat screwdriver... Only, the manual doesn't cover that part and I wasn't interested in marring up the back of my sub in an attempt to open it.

Hola. If the fuse is blown, then you have a short circuit inside. The Grotto I uses a switching power supply. Usuallly this is the culprit of blowing fuses. Contact ML service dept. They will guide you and will send to you any part that you might need to fix your sub. Happy listening,
Roberto.

Nope, it was just a blown fuse. My wife had unplugged the unit without turning it to standby mode first. Apparently unplugging the Grotto i while the amp is powered up will cause the fuse to blow in the unit. I was able to reproduce the cause.

Those are good news. But thinking loud, why taking off the power mains A.C. I am going to produce a sudden peak of consumption voltage? Thats weird... I am going to investigate about that ... gladd that now you are enjoying good sound again, happy listening,
Roberto.

Back