Greetings!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm Frank from Gainesville, Georgia.

I have two pairs or ML Montage (cherry). I bought my first pair in May 2007 to listening to music. Now I'm replacing my B&W home theater with Martin Logan because I like their sound better. I'm looking for the best center channel to match the sound of my four Montage. I drive them with a Rotel RSX 1067 amplifier and a B&W ASW600 sub (cherry).

Any suggestions about the best matching center channel for the Montage will be appreciated.

Attachments

• P1010622.jpg
    P1010622.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 1,381
Welcome Frank! Clean looking set up!

I can't help on your center channel speaker question though as run 2 channel only.

Thanks!

Thank you for the welcome, Churchill!

Great system you have! Tell me, what kind of music you like to listen to in your system?

Frank, Welcome !

to match the clean lines of your setup you might want to consider a Fresco for your center channel. I'm happy with mine, but then I'm primarily a two channel guy.

Tell me, what kind of music you like to listen to in your system?

I would say in the last few years I've moved away rock and classic rock to more Americana, Roots, Bluegrass and Blues types of music.

I'll take a mandolin, fiddle, or a 4 string tenor guitar solo over a electric 6 string guitar solo.

I also prefer listening female vocals as well. Some recent music I've picked up include: Carrie Rodriguez, Sarah Jarosz, Crooked Still, Sierra Hull and Shawn Colvin.

Check out the Sunday Morning Music thread as well!

Welcome Frank!

Looks like ML won over another fan.

Nice looking setup you have there. Sorry that i cannot suggest a center for you as i do not have much experience. I had a relatively low end BIC early on and liked it, then auditioned a higher end Boston Acoustic but settled on the Cinema i. No surprises there. Auditioning is always the best bet, although i know it can be difficult without a side-by-side comparison.

Frank, Welcome !

to match the clean lines of your setup you might want to consider a Fresco for your center channel. I'm happy with mine, but then I'm primarily a two channel guy.

Thank you, Dave!

I've been looking for a Fresco i at least for a year; but the one that are for sale are a little bit too damaged. I just found a single Montage for a bargain. It is black and my other 4 Montage are cherry, that is why I'm thinking in build my own center channel with the components of the black Montage. (crossover, ATF and 6.5 inches drivers). I had this idea for a while using a Passage, but then I found the single Montage.

Latest posts

Back