Greetings from San Antonio, TX...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackthelad

Reaction score
Hello to all,

I recently purchased a pair of original CLS's from a good friend, Dave Burgin, also a member of the group, and thought I'd better go ahead and join myself.

I am truly loving these speakers. Dave had brand new panels installed prior to my getting them, so they are still breaking in. I have a few questions to ask of the experts, so I will move the conversation over to one of the more appropriate threads. See you there...

Willy

Willy,

Welcome !

I just got back from your 'fair city' last nite (Short Line RR Convention), nice town, enjoyed the Riverwalk, nice helpfull people all-in-all. The weather sure sucked though this past Monday !

Hello and welcome! What would you like to know. Dave bought those from me. They were in one of my systems for over a decade.

Hello and welcome! What would you like to know. Dave bought those from me. They were in one of my systems for over a decade.

Hi,

And thank you. Luther, is it not? Dave speaks very highly of you (and your audio systems). Pleased to meet you. The CLS's are certainly a different animal than I am used to, but I am digging them more and more every day.

A pair of Infinity Kappa 9's has been my long-term reference, and probably always will be; but I could easily live with the CLS's long-term, as well. It's nice to have different sounds in the house, as you very well know by the looks of your system profile.

Dave recently (Feb 2011) purchased and installed new panels in the CLS's, and had, perhaps, 5-hours on them when I got them. ML states that about 90-hours is needed to get them broken in, and I have about 20 on them now. Even in this short time I have noticed a gradual but steady change, as things have really begun to open up, and the bass has gotten a bit deeper.

Dave told me it was a tough decision for you to give them up, and I can understand why.

Regarding my question, I started a thread in the main discussion area, and it had to do with keeping the speakers plugged in, or not, when not in use. Let me know your thoughts on the matter; I'd sure like to hear what you recommend.

Thanks again and talk to you soon.

Willy

...snip... Regarding my question, I started a thread in the main discussion area, and it had to do with keeping the speakers plugged in, or not, when not in use. Let me know your thoughts on the matter; I'd sure like to hear what you recommend.

Thanks again and talk to you soon.

Willy

I kept them plugged in the entire time without any ill effect or even dust collection, for that matter.

The CLS will always be one of my most favorite speakers. They are very fast, articulate, open, airy, and to my ears, just plain musical. The only reason for me selling them was I had a chance to upgrade to Prodigy's.

You will have to come over some time to listen to my different systems and talk audio. I'll shoot you a PM with my contact info.

Back