great accessory for streaming music / movies, etc...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gordonmenninger

Reaction score
My apple airport extreme is in my office on the top floor of our 5,500 sq ft house and the home theater / music room is in the basement. I have the Timer Warner Ultimate which has 50 mbps download speeds but still have dropouts and buffering issues with my squeezebox, apple TV, and Google TV. After having pretty much tried everything, and not being able to run a cat 5 line to my basement from my router, i went to Micro Center today and bought the Linksys PLSK400 Powerline AV-4 port network adapter kit. It is plug and play and uses your a/c line in your house to give you a wired connection where you need it. The base station plugs in next to your router and the receiver station with 4 cat-5 ports plugs in (in my case) in my equipment room. No software to set up, and I paid about $80 at Micro Center. This works like a charm... no stuttering with the Squeezebox, and no stuttering watching HD videos / concerts on YouTube via appleTV. Great investment and a must have with anyone having wireless buffering issues!:rocker:

Back