Good Speaker wire for logans

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had good luck with my MIT Terminator II's, but again they are not cheap and whether they warrant the cost is and will always be an unresolved topic.

So im looking for some good wire that won't bust the bank. Checking out canuck audio mart and audiogon for a deal and came across a coule of things.

Has anyone heard of Ecosse cables? Anyways, heres a link to the set im looking at http://www.ecossecables.co.uk/Tables/table_frameset6.html

they look like a good match for my vantages because they have 2 conductors on one end and 4 on the other... This way I can get rid of the cheezy little bridges on the back of the speaker and I wouldn't have to buy expensive jumpers.

What are your thoughts? What should I be looking for specifically in a good cable for the logans when im comparing specs.

You can also look at Kimber.

I love Nordost Red Dawn rev 2 for speakers and XLR interconnects. The sound is very open and detailed.

Just my 2 cents

Jeff, what interconnect or speaker cables do you use for your personal gear?

My main system uses Shunyata Aurora interconnects and Stratos speaker cable. System two is all Cardas clear, System three is all Furutech Reference.

And I use Furutech AG-12, Furutech Silver Arrow and AudioQuest LeoPard tonearm cables.

My main system uses Shunyata Aurora interconnects and Stratos speaker cable. System two is all Cardas clear, System three is all Furutech Reference.

And I use Furutech AG-12, Furutech Silver Arrow and AudioQuest LeoPard tonearm cables.

Must be nice to get in-the-trade (or better) pricing! :D

I think this thread serves to illustrate how futile it is to ask such cable questions, as you will get almost as many different answers as there are respondents.

And then there are people who claim that all cables sound the same ........

What interconnect do you use (or suggest) from pre-amp to amp? The system is being used for movies only.
pre-amp = anthem statement D2V, Amp=Anthem Statement P5.

Last edited:
Signal Cable Ultra speaker cables. I was interested in their Silver Resolution series but they recommended the cheaper cable as better synergy with ML's. I'm going to use them on a second system with my old Sequel II's.

Interesting

So as a marketing professional who has a GF that is a Pharmacist meaning a person who understands the effects of placebo to the degree of curing cancers in lab trials. I really can't fault the speaker wire companies for selling this stuff.

Are the differences measurable with any equipment at all? - nope!
Can you hear the difference? - yep! - cool! enjoy the hell out of them! :music:

Are the differences measurable with any equipment at all? - nope!

Capacitance, Inductance, and Resistance are just a few of the differences in cables that can be measured and that will have a definite impact on the audio signal that will translate to audible differences in sound. Plus, your attitude assumes that what we can't measure today doesn't exist. That seems highly unlikely. We don't quite know everything about everything just yet. But I do agree with your point that the placebo effect is alive and well and profitable in high end audio.

Capacitance, Inductance, and Resistance are just a few of the differences in cables that can be measured and that will have a definite impact on the audio signal that will translate to audible differences in sound. Plus, your attitude assumes that what we can't measure today doesn't exist. That seems highly unlikely. We don't quite know everything about everything just yet. But I do agree with your point that the placebo effect is alive and well and profitable in high end audio.

I can agree with that. But have to admit the only reason all my speakers are hooked up with Audioquest cable is because I got it free.

Offtopic: Rich - My GF is from Guntersville. We were just in Huntsville in June and going back for Christmas.

Back