Getting A/V status from your mobile

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonFo

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've been busy this weekend with a fun project.

First, I’m deep into A/V gear automation, and have had a setup for that for more than a decade.
But now that I also have an iPhone (and run a company that produces mobile software), so I wanted to do a fun little project that combined all of my interests.
So yesterday I wrote a little extension, we call them Connectors, for my company’s product Rover Retriever, that would bring back the current status from the Denon AVP preamp.

So here are the screen shots of what the AVP status looks like when presented by Retriever (top and bottom halves of the scrollable list).

Rover_AVPStatus1.jpg
-----
Rover_AVPStatus2.jpg

It’s a nice scrollable list of all the parameters returned by the AVP’s web UI, but transformed into something mobile-friendly.

I’ll be extending this over time to go collect a series of status elements (like volume, power status, etc.) and create a little ‘dashboard’ for myself that will at a glance tell me how all of the parameters I care about are set.
This will address the niggling thoughts I’ve had when listening to music and wondering what surround mode the unit is in (I usually don’t have displays running when doing serious audio listening).

The cool thing is, I can now check my AVP status from anywhere in the world, as one of the unique features of Retriever is it works regardless of firewalls and allows one to easily (yet securely) get at information you need from the office or home.

I’ll be releasing the AVP connectors on our site once my product is formally launched this summer. BTW- it should work with all modern Denon AVR’s with Ethernet capabilities.

Back