Get-Together for MD/DC/VA area ML fans

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great... now Dave's going. Now I really want to go... why couldnt you guys live closet to Chicago?:(

Next time in the 'Windy City', probably this spring, let's try a get together with yourself, Cherian and anybody else that's interested.

Im always up for a get-together. Count me in.

Hey Dan, just got back from sledding in Maine. Your date looks good to me, what'ya say I bring some of our "Home Town" hotdogs, either Salen's or Zwiegle's ( my local Wegmans carries both) so the rest of the gang can taste a 'real' hotdog !!!
Salen's would be great. I still have some in the Freezer along with some Maple Leafs and Pearls (from Boston area). Nothing like a good Hot Dog on the grill.

Dan

Nice; o.k. how about Led Zepplin's Remasters?
Or, better yet, what are 3 discs you have been looking forward to listening to, maybe I have one and we can all check it out? Include a dvd as an alternate? ......thanks
Bring whatever you would like to bring in terms of music. We will be limited on time, so there will be some albums we just will not get too.

Three discs I have been looking forward to? Boy, that is a hard one. So many discs out there so little funds :D

My friend from the "Big D" will be coming into town and will be bringing some of his best CD/SACD's. This is a guy who listens to live music 5 nights every two weeks, and has a killer setup of his own.

Dan

I must chime in here and mention that I plan to bring the following music:

Patricia Barber- Cafe Blue HDCD;

Dianne Reeves- Bridges CD; and

Pat Metheny- still (life) talking CD.

For those not familiar with Barber, check out the reviews of her work in the Jazz music review forum.

Anthony

Patricia Barber- Cafe Blue HDCD
Anthony...I do not think my player can play HDCD, only Redbook and SACD. If you have it on Redbook or SACD please also bring those versions.

BTW, I have tried many times to listen to Patty Barber, but I just cannot "get into" her music. But please bring it for others that may enjoy her music.

Dan

Last edited:
Anthony...I do not think my player can play HDCD, only Redbook and SACD. If you have it on Redbook or SACD please also bring those versions.

BTW, I have tried many times to listen to Patty Barber, but I just cannot "get into" here music. But please bring it for others that may enjoy her music.

Dan

Dan,

Actually, any CD player can play an HDCD encoded CD. Non-HDCD equipment will simply not read the HDCD enhancement. Otherwise, playback should not be a problem.

Duly noted about Barber. She is definitely not for everyone. I will bring her, but also Cassandra Wilson-Blue Moon Daughter, which may appeal to broader tastes.

Anthony

Actually, any CD player can play an HDCD encoded CD. Non-HDCD equipment will simply not read the HDCD enhancement. Otherwise, playback should not be a problem.
Never dealt with HDCD disc before, so thanks for the update and information.

Dan

Have you guys ever listened to the Eric Clapton and friends DVD? I have that and can bring if you like.

It's not SACD, but if you like Clapton, Sheryl Crow, Dylan, etc it's a terrific concert to watch.

Time to stand up and be counted

We are now Two Weeks away from the DC/MD/VA Get-Together.

Time to find out who is attending and who is not.

If you are going to attend, please PM me and I will send you directions.

I would like people (to try) to arrive between 11:30am and 12:00 as I plan on having food read by 12:00 for everyone to eat. Once done eating, then we will be off to listen to music and not worry about carting our food around.

Bring whatever music you want on Redbook or SACD. I can also play DVD Music Video's if someone decides to bring one of those.

If spouses wish to attend, my wife and daughter will also be here. My daughter is my partner when visiting stereo stores, and my wife just puts up with my habit...ooppsss...hobby.

Thanks,
Dan

Last edited:
Get together for MD/DC/VA

looking forward to meeting and sharing with everyone: thanks Dan

Saturday Get Together for MD/DC/VA/DE ML Owners

Don't forget that THIS SATURDAY - March 10th is the get together at my home for ML Owners from MD/DC/VA/DE. If you have not received directions, and you wish to attend, please drop me a PM.

Looking forward to meeting everyone, eating some BBQ Dogs and Burgers, and listening to some good music.

Good thing our get together was not this past weekend as I was and still am fighting the flu that is going around. Would not have been pretty hosting and feeling the way I was and still am.

Later...Dan

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back