Get-Together for MD/DC/VA area ML fans

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DTB300

Reaction score
Hey everyone...

There was some discussions recently about a ML get-together for the MD/DC/VA area ML fans/users/lovers/etc. Well since then, I have thought about times and days and have come up with the following:

Place: DTB300's Home (Silver Spring, MD)
Date: March 10th - Saturday
Time: 12:00pm - ?????
Food: I will be providing Hot Dogs, Hamburgers and Potatoe Salad for initial feeding of the gang. If you do not get there early enough, you will not get fed!!!!!
Snacks will also be available during the day - i.e. Chips, Dip, Pretzels, etc.
Drinks: BYO - Coolers allowed :)
Directions: Private Email

Music Sources: Digital - Redbook or SACD Only. No DVD-A capabilities, but I can play DVD Video Concerts. I do not have a Vinyl setup - sorry. Bring whatever music you think others would like to hear.

Listening Room: I am setup in a partial basement which means I can have about 6 or so people in the room at a time. People will need to swap seats to gain "squatters rights" to the sweat spot, commonly called in my home "Dad's Spot". But the house has plenty of room for people to sit and mingle or talk audio.

Anything else come to mind? I think trying to get over to the ML Dealer might take up too much time, but if enough are interested I can talk to the dealer and see what can be setup for us. Saturday's are usually a very busy day so getting a specific time for people to demonstrate stuff to us may not be possible.

NOTE: There is really not a limit to how many attend, just my music room can only fit so many people at a time for seats. People are welcome to sit on the floor to listen or stand up behind the couch. So if a bunch decides to come over, we may have to do shifts for listening.

Note #2: The DTB300 Domain is protected by 3 Long-Haired Cats. If you are allergic to cats, then my home is probably not the place for you to be for an extended period of time

Later,
Dan

Last edited:
Arggg, within reasonable distance - with great electronics - - a great host -- with a workable date and I can't come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

DARNED FELINES!!!

Get-Together for MD/DC/VA

Count me IN. I will post a list of some cds, dvds, etc I would like to bring so I don't duplicate what you may have. I would also like to contribute soda and some chips or popcorn or what else you might need. Thank you for inviting us.
Here is a dangerous question: are wives invited? (There is no hiding it, she wants to go for the shopping at Potomac Mills!!)
I hope it doesn't snow !!

Arggg, within reasonable distance - with great electronics - - a great host -- with a workable date and I can't come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

DARNED FELINES!!!

GO!!!

Take some Claritin, man!

Joey,

If the allergies didn't trigger the asthma ( >/insert nerdy voice here<) - I'd be all about it. As much as I would like to meet new people and listen to fine tunes - I also want to live :)

Joey,

If the allergies didn't trigger the asthma ( >/insert nerdy voice here<) - I'd be all about it. As much as I would like to meet new people and listen to fine tunes - I also want to live :)

Damn you Sean....

(you can hear me say that to you too, cant you?)

I travel to DC every month or two. I'll have to see if those dates are in the cards.

My daughter has asthma but it is triggerred by atheletic activities and not the cats.

The cat issue is an important one to some people, like Zero, so I had to make sure I posted about it. We have had cats in our home since the day we owned it, so cat hair is EVERYWHERE, and so are the cats.

Dan

Count me IN. I will post a list of some cds, dvds, etc I would like to bring so I don't duplicate what you may have. I would also like to contribute soda and some chips or popcorn or what else you might need. Thank you for inviting us.
Here is a dangerous question: are wives invited? (There is no hiding it, she wants to go for the shopping at Potomac Mills!!)
I hope it doesn't snow !!
No need to bring any food, as I will supply that. But if there is something you just have to have for muchies, please feel free to bring your crutch!!! :D Realize though that you do need to bring your own drinks and/or cooler.

For the wives, sure they are invited. My wife and daughter will be home and doing their thing while the audio-nuts are doing theirs. But I live about an hour or so from Potomoc Mills as I live Northwest of DC and Mill is South of DC.

Dan

I've already posted to you off-list, but I'll put my iron in the fire here too. I'll be there too...

Too bad you don't have vinyl capabilities. I have some very interesting platters. And I'm having a hell of a time getting my turntable "dialed in" after moving it down here from Martinsburg. I'm to the point where I'm just going to strip the whole tonearm/headshell down to parts and start from total scratch. I LOVE analogue, but the set-up is a real pain sometimes...

Anyway, here are some of the CDs I'd like to bring (one track off each disc, if time):

I'd like to bring some Zappa, but I understand that some people might be adverse to his lyrics (children, wives, sensitive ears, etc) so if you don't want me to bring "Joes Garage" better let me know now... :D

Diana Krall: "The Girl in the Next Room"

Jefferson Airplane: "Surrealistic Pillow"

Joss Stone: "Mind, Body & Soul"

Medieval Baebes: "Mistletoe & Wine

Sting: "Songs from the Labyrinth"

Ry Cooder & V.M.Bhatt: "A Meeting by the River"

Norah Jones: "Come Away With Me"

Regina Spektor: "Begin to Hope"

Roches: "Collected Works"

Kate Bush: "The Kick Inside"

--Richard

Too bad you don't have vinyl capabilities. ..... I LOVE analogue, but the set-up is a real pain sometimes...
Had vinyl many many years ago, but sold it all. So to get back into vinyl now would cost me a bunch of money for the setup I wanted and deal with all the setup involved, and I just do not want to do that.

Diana Krall: "The Girl in the Next Room"
I have "The Girl in the Other Room", so if you want to bring this one too, that is ok :D Sorry as I could not resist. All the other ones you listed, I do not have.

Dan

Get together for MD/DC/VA

O.K. Dreamer, I accept the challenge: I will add:

DVD Diana Krall "Live in Paris"

SACD "The Worlds Greatest Audiophile Vocal Recording"
SACD Sherly Crow "The Globe Sessions"
Naim's "The Sampler"

Telarc's 20bit Holst "The Planets"
GRD 20bit John Coltrane "A Love Supreme"
Remaster Iron Butterfly "In-a-gadda-da-vida"

MFSL burned U2 "The Unforgetable Fire"
MFSL burned Robin Trower "Bridges of Sighs"

Get-together for MD/DC?VA

Nice; o.k. how about Led Zepplin's Remasters?
Or, better yet, what are 3 discs you have been looking forward to listening to, maybe I have one and we can all check it out? Include a dvd as an alternate? ......thanks

Hey Dan, just got back from sledding in Maine. Your date looks good to me, what'ya say I bring some of our "Home Town" hotdogs, either Salen's or Zwiegle's ( my local Wegmans carries both) so the rest of the gang can taste a 'real' hotdog !!!

Great... now Dave's going. Now I really want to go... why couldnt you guys live closet to Chicago?:(

Latest posts

Back