Funny MBL video clip

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done, and could just as well have been a pair of ML stats! Unfortunately, most consumers would probably view it as high-end audio snobbery.

I was fortunate to hear a pair of top-of-the-line MBL speakers and sister components a few years ago at RMAF... very impressive (but into the $$$ stratosphere).

Last edited:
You have to admit, the MBL gear is absolutely gorgeous! I love that CD player/transport.

Personally... I did listen to a pair of MBL at the CA Audio Show and they sounded great, but I wasn't blown away. I felt they didn't image very well. (My guess is that is because of the omni polar design?) I would personally rather own a pair of CLX. I think the CLX sounds far better personally, but even then I could own many pairs of CLX before I could buy a MBL.

On the gorgeous thing.... I think the MBL are ugly and gaudy hahaha but we are all different. Just thought I would throw the differing opinion out there.

But that commercial thing was awesome haha I laughed quite hard, partly because I think we have all gone through that to some extent or variation.

Personally... I did listen to a pair of MBL at the CA Audio Show and they sounded great, but I wasn't blown away. I felt they didn't image very well. (My guess is that is because of the omni polar design?) I would personally rather own a pair of CLX. I think the CLX sounds far better personally, but even then I could own many pairs of CLX before I could buy a MBL.

On the gorgeous thing.... I think the MBL are ugly and gaudy hahaha but we are all different. Just thought I would throw the differing opinion out there.

But that commercial thing was awesome haha I laughed quite hard, partly because I think we have all gone through that to some extent or variation.

Hey, that's what makes the world go 'round, we each have our own viewpoints, biases, likes, etc. Myself, a pair of MBL 101E's would be about as good as it gets.

Hey, that's what makes the world go 'round, we each have our own viewpoints, biases, likes, etc. Myself, a pair of MBL 101E's would be about as good as it gets.

Thank you! That is why I love MLO, we all seem to be very civil and we never really get flames started in here. Just the occasional spark haha

Having had the 116's in my system for six months now, I will buy either the 111's or the 101's, in a heart beat, once I have a larger room.

Regarding Jordan's observation on the MBL aesthetics, I fully agree with Steve.

GG

Last edited:
Loved it!

I can't help but think that the guy could never revel in the glories of vinyl.

Love it - very cool. It's me I think.

MBL kit is gorgeous though?.......mmm......that I don't agree with. Sorry. I find it ugly. Surely they could use something other than white plastic to build $100,000 amplifiers?

Last edited:
Any colour you want....as long as it is white!

:cool:As any German on this forum will confirm, there is only one colour in German apartments and homes.........white! This gear fits in to that conformity.

Not my choice of colour but those omnis spin my wheels! Fun ad too, it's all about the transparency in German hifi culture.

As my German wife commented, such a clean setup, with an absence of cables. Translation, why do I have stuff all over the place?!

Viel Spaß

Fjeff

What makes you think it is plastic?

I'll stand corrected. Would you like to correct me?

Regardless, it looks like plastic, so I don't like the aesthetics - not one bit. And it felt like plastic in use. (I was using MBL kit to audition the CLXes.)

Last edited:
I'll stand corrected. Would you like to correct me? Regardless, it looks like plastic, so I don't like the aesthetics - not one bit.
Adam, the stuff certainly does not look as good as classic ARC (silver of course); ARC in black is just plain wrong. But I must say that I do like MBL in black and gold.

Fjeff, you said that everything in Germany has to be white, but check out the furniture.

Adam,

Who cares if it's black, white, or whatever?

What matters is that the consumer is happy with the choice, aesthetically and sonically.

If you don't like MBL electronics, so be it.

GG

Back